Student coming to quarantine in my house

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have been informed by my landlord that a student will be quarantining in my student house (private sector) as they are travelling from abroad. Is this something a landlord is allowed to do? I have university to attend and work and am really wary about the situation. I really do not feel comfortable being in the same property as someone who is quarantining as I am not sure whether it is 100% safe. Can the landlord house them somewhere else? What can I say to the landlord?
tommy988
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I mean if there is a spare room in this property, they can offer that to other people - it isn't your choice who is allowed to rent the place unless you want to pay for the room.
also the 'Can the landlord house them somewhere else' surely there would be the same issue in another house this student went into?
all you can really do is say you're uncomfortable about the situation, but unless you want to rent that room I doubt much else will happen as you don't get a choice in who the landlord rents the room within a house to
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by tommy988)
I mean if there is a spare room in this property, they can offer that to other people - it isn't your choice who is allowed to rent the place unless you want to pay for the room.
also the 'Can the landlord house them somewhere else' surely there would be the same issue in another house this student went into?
all you can really do is say you're uncomfortable about the situation, but unless you want to rent that room I doubt much else will happen as you don't get a choice in who the landlord rents the room within a house to
I thought the student would quarantine in a hotel if they had to quarantine. I'm just really worried about the safety of the situation. How would they quarantine when they have to share communal areas and such.
tommy988
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I thought the student would quarantine in a hotel if they had to quarantine. I'm just really worried about the safety of the situation. How would they quarantine when they have to share communal areas and such.
Im not sure and I would worry if it was me too, phone the landlord/ estate agent and tell them this
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (16)
19.75%
No (65)
80.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed