Why is everyone I meet who wants to start a band so annoying?

Watch
memechild
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Are there any musically gifted individuals out there who don’t try insanely hard and get on my tits lol?

So for about half a year I’ve been venturing out of my comfort zone in a sense of actually trying to form a band. This is due to me getting to the point in guitar whereby I don’t perceive myself as an amateur hereby. Musically gifted people - I ask you this: are pubs a good place to search for new recruits for a band?

Anyhow, I digress. The guy couldn’t be more stereotypical. He was sporting the bandana X Bowie shirt and it seemed to me whenever I struck up a friendly conversation about musical tastes he would try to one up me on knowledge of bands.

Sometimes it’s harder to put into words about a certain aura you detect from someone I guess.

Do music lovers just attract a niche crowd of highbrow people? 👿
Bagarigak
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Haha this was the funniest thing I read today.

Yh,..About forming a band, it's not easy finding the right people. Some need to get off their high horse.

Pubs? Go for it. You have a great personality, so won't be too long before you've got your band together.

Also, try out "musical" venues. Concerts maybe? Obviously after this health crisis

I also play a musical instrument and sing but have always considered performing solo, rather than in a group. Just my preference, really.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (68)
22.08%
No (240)
77.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise