The Student Room Group

HELP : Migrant worker maintenance loan: when should I apply ??

Hello,

So I’ve been in the UK since early July now, I’ve been looking for a work but with Covid it was really hard for me to get one. So I started working mid august as a (self employed) and early September as an employed. My course start in November, I do have proof that I was in the UK on 1st September ( plane tickets, bank statement, ... ) so that’s fine. But the thing is that I will only get 3 months of payslips early December, so my question is, should I wait December to send my Student Finance application for tuition fee and maintenance loan as a migrant worker ? Wouldn’t that be too late ? And also I’m a EU citizens so will I have any problems with SF due to Brexit ?

Please help me because I really don’t know what to do. I’m scared that if I send my application too soon it won’t be accepted because I don’t have 3 months of payslips or even the P60,P45 documents

Thanks in advance for your answers
Original post by Itsivyish
Hello,

So I’ve been in the UK since early July now, I’ve been looking for a work but with Covid it was really hard for me to get one. So I started working mid august as a (self employed) and early September as an employed. My course start in November, I do have proof that I was in the UK on 1st September ( plane tickets, bank statement, ... ) so that’s fine. But the thing is that I will only get 3 months of payslips early December, so my question is, should I wait December to send my Student Finance application for tuition fee and maintenance loan as a migrant worker ? Wouldn’t that be too late ? And also I’m a EU citizens so will I have any problems with SF due to Brexit ?

Please help me because I really don’t know what to do. I’m scared that if I send my application too soon it won’t be accepted because I don’t have 3 months of payslips or even the P60,P45 documents

Thanks in advance for your answers

Hi, you must meet the criteria listed here http://ow.ly/2x0230oL92f

If you don't have 3 months of payslips then you can send 1 month and explain your situation. You have up until 9 months after the start of the academic year to apply. Please allow up to 6 weeks to be assessed after applying.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending