Can’t sleep due to anxiety.

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
I’ve been struggling to sleep due to anxiety and worry about being unemployed. Anyone have any tips on how to deal with it?

Thanks!
Anonymous #2
Report 2 days ago
I am sorry to hear that, I have sleeping problems too,
I read an article if you stay still and dont move in your bed for 15 min, your body will slowly fall asleep, if this is hard, focus on the dark colour or put some sleeping music like rain sound etc.

Hope it helps
Anonymous #1
Rain sound helps sometimes! Gah, getting stressed just thinking about jobs! Sucks being unemployed so damn much!
wastedcuriosity
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Hey, I suffer with some anxiety too and thinking a load at night. What has helped me is finding a really good podcast to listen to whilst you drift off, because as you're focussing on that, you don't have time to overthink
Anonymous #3
Report 2 days ago
Hi I'm sorry you're going through this! You could try spending some time before bed journaling, listening to calming music or watching an episode of your favourite show as a distraction.

I personally find journaling so helpful because I write down the worries e.g. 'I'm never gonna find a job' and then write a logical thought next to it like 'It might take a while to find a job right now but it will happen. I'll apply to some tomorrow'. I find that this stops me worrying over the same thing repeatedly.

Hope this helps! xx
Anonymous #1
(Original post by wastedcuriosity)
Hey, I suffer with some anxiety too and thinking a load at night. What has helped me is finding a really good podcast to listen to whilst you drift off, because as you're focussing on that, you don't have time to overthink
This may work! Any podcasts you recommend? Something verbose is ideal.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi I'm sorry you're going through this! You could try spending some time before bed journaling, listening to calming music or watching an episode of your favourite show as a distraction.

I personally find journaling so helpful because I write down the worries e.g. 'I'm never gonna find a job' and then write a logical thought next to it like 'It might take a while to find a job right now but it will happen. I'll apply to some tomorrow'. I find that this stops me worrying over the same thing repeatedly.

Hope this helps! xx
Omg these are brilliant ideas! Thank you so much! Sounds like you’ve had some positive reinforcement ideas suggested to you in CBT? I did too but forgotten all the techniques I learnt! This one of writing a positive thought after a bad one rings a bell though!
wastedcuriosity
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
This may work! Any podcasts you recommend? Something verbose is ideal.
Are you male or female? Because I feel like my favourites are more directed towards women haha.

But there's loads of really good true crime ones out there on Spotify, if you're into that. I also listen to a load of psychology ones.
There's loads of genres so have a browse and see what interests you
Anonymous #3
Report 2 days ago
Omg these are brilliant ideas! Thank you so much! Sounds like you’ve had some positive reinforcement ideas suggested to you in CBT? I did too but forgotten all the techniques I learnt! This one of writing a positive thought after a bad one rings a bell though!
I'm glad you found them helpful! No actually, I follow a lot of mental health accounts on instagram (e.g. anxiety_wellbeing) so I must've picked it up from there aha It's such a useful technique! xx
pepsimaxcherry
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Hi! I suffer from anxiety so know how you feel!

I always find that writing down the things that are worrying me, helps me! If I write it down, it feels like some of the weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

Most of the time, when I see it written down, I realise it isn’t worth all the worrying.

Podcasts or music help! Reading before bed, warm drinks and things that comfort you! Anyways to distract your mind usually benefit you!

Hope this helps and you feel better soon
Kerzen
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
I’ve been struggling to sleep due to anxiety and worry about being unemployed. Anyone have any tips on how to deal with it?

Thanks!
Which radio station do you listen to?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
My anxiety is so bad right now. Feel a panic attack coming on! Meditation music not helping!
JDINCINERATOR
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
My anxiety is so bad right now. Feel a panic attack coming on! Meditation music not helping!
First of all breathe. Secondly think about the positives of the situation. Of course unemeployment isn't perceived as a good thing, but you should focus on what good things can come from unemployment or what unemployment can motivate you to do so you can be in a better position in your life. You have passions right? Do the things you're passionate about, go out there and show that you are better than what your mental health is trying to determine for you. If you have trouble sleeping then maybe it's a good idea to put your attention towards the problem and find a way you can overcome your anxiety. When you are anxious do more of what you enjoy until you are tired enough to sleep.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by wastedcuriosity)
Are you male or female? Because I feel like my favourites are more directed towards women haha.

But there's loads of really good true crime ones out there on Spotify, if you're into that. I also listen to a load of psychology ones.
There's loads of genres so have a browse and see what interests you
I’m male, but what are the sources of podcasts? I dont have a spotify membership. Are there any free sources?
kekedoyouloveme?
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
I've recently been having difficulty sleeping due to the upcoming A-level exams Idek why ;/

I find listening to audiobooks on a low volume really soothing especially Harry potter ones

Stephen Fry's voice is soothing tbf

Although, I know most people play rain sounds, and have a eucalyptus sleeping mist which they spray over their pillow
Anonymous #1
(Original post by kekedoyouloveme?)
I've recently been having difficulty sleeping due to the upcoming A-level exams Idek why ;/

I find listening to audiobooks on a low volume really soothing especially Harry potter ones

Stephen Fry's voice is soothing tbf

Although, I know most people play rain sounds, and have a eucalyptus sleeping mist which they spray over their pillow

P.s I listen to audiobooks whilst revising too who is she?
Stephen Fry is a good shout. Are there any audio books he reads? Or any youtube vids where he speak for ages? That might help me relax!
Kerzen
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago

Thanks!
I listen to Radio 4 during the day; if I can't get to sleep at night, I leave it on and listen to the BBC World Service programmes; Radio 4 switches to the World Service at 0100 and then back to R4 at 0520.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Kerzen)
I listen to Radio 4 during the day; if I can't get to sleep at night, I leave it on and listen to the BBC World Service programmes; Radio 4 switches to the World Service at 0100 and then back to R4 at 0520.
Since i’ve no idea how to listen to stephen fry, or where to get free audio books, I try bbc radio 4 tonight! 😊
kekedoyouloveme?
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Stephen Fry is a good shout. Are there any audio books he reads? Or any youtube vids where he speak for ages? That might help me relax!
Yes harry potter You can get the first three books on Spotify

I think he reads other books such as casual Vacancy im not sure all I know is he reads the HP ones
Anonymous #1
Ahhhhh my sleep is so messed up! Woke up at 1:45am.wtf am i going to do till morning!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (41)
13.67%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (44)
14.67%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (105)
35%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (29)
9.67%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (65)
21.67%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
5.33%

Watched Threads