grace04935
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I'm a Year 12 student studying Spanish as a non-native speaker. I'm finding it quite hard so far but I don't doubt my passion for the subject, so I can't see myself dropping it. I'd like to go to a Russell group university after sixth form, but I'm aware of the very high offers they give.
Is it realistic to aim for such high grades in A-level Spanish? Also, how would I go about getting such a grade?
Thank you!
redmeercat
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
It is - I got an A* in French in the same situation.
A. Learn all the vocab lists, but also all the other vocab in the textbook (and elsewhere if you have time, but start with the textbook!) That you don't know
2. Listen to native speaker podcasts. You won't understand everything, just aim to pick out the words that you know and understand what you can.
3. Practice essays
4. Read the news in Spanish rather than English
5. I liked using HelloTalk to practice grammar, but you could also keep a diary in Spanish
6. When you're on your own in your room or something, try narrating what you're doing in Spanish to practice speaking.
7. Aim to speak to your teacher in Spanish whenever you can.
8. Read a book or two outside the syllabus in Spanish.
_Kestrel_
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
What are you planning to study at university, and what other subjects are you taking?
hw8
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I don't study languages myself, but someone I know said that watching cartoons in Spanish was really helpful? They got an A*
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (29)
27.62%
Less motivated (76)
72.38%

Watched Threads