Are people getting sick from being back at school?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
Now I’ve gone back to school I think I got a cold because I’ve got a runny nose and I had a sore throat but it has mostly recovered now. I don’t think it is corona virus because I can still taste and smell things but should I get a COVID test?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 days ago
I'm the exact same position as you lol. It's quite normal to get something as mild as a cold upon returning to school, as you're being exposed to a lot of people again. But I'm not an expert, so if you're really concerned then you may want to take a test. If you're already feeling better though, it may be likely you're safe.
ItsStarLordMan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I thought the title meant are you done with school not literally ill 😂😂
Phoenixfeather99
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Now I’ve gone back to school I think I got a cold because I’ve got a runny nose and I had a sore throat but it has mostly recovered now. I don’t think it is corona virus because I can still taste and smell things but should I get a COVID test?
A runny nose and sore throat are not criteria for a coronavirus test. They are symptoms of a cold.
Symptoms of coronavirus that means you need to isolate and get a test are:
High temperature
New continuous cough
Change in taste and/or smell
Anonymous #3
Report 2 days ago
Attachment 954704

This really helped me when I was feeling a bit sick and differentiate between cold, flu and covid.

It’s quite hard to get a test now, my parents have been showing symptoms, but unless they travel 60+ miles one way to a Welsh test site, they can’t get tested. It’s also been more than 5 days now since they reported it and most NHS sites won’t test you unless it’s the first 1-5 days of symptoms. If you have any concerns then self isolate, but I think you’ll be fine. Could always consult your pharmacist on how to manage your symptoms?
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Tbh schools are where we pick up other viruses and bigs, so it is not unusual that now schools are open people are getting flus/colds/bugs again.
If you have symptoms of Covid, you can get tested otherwise you just have to go about your day as normal, drinking lots of fluids, resting more, taking paracetamol if need be and doing whatever self care you do when you normally get ill.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (41)
13.67%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (44)
14.67%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (105)
35%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (29)
9.67%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (65)
21.67%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
5.33%

Watched Threads