Sergio99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi guys, I am a second year student in UK and I applied as a migrant worker to get maintenance loan. Since my first year I've been working part time, both to support my living costs and because it is required for the application. Now I have been offered a second part time job which would be limited to a maximum of 4 hours per week and a maximum income of £200 per month. I was wondering if I can accept that job or if that would make me lose my maintenance.
I would really appreciate if you can help me with this, thanks.

P.S. I called student finance and apparently I should be working a maximum of 15 hours per week, but actually with my current part time job I already work 16-18 hours per week, so I'm a bit confused.
Firewood1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Sergio99)
Hi guys, I am a second year student in UK and I applied as a migrant worker to get maintenance loan. Since my first year I've been working part time, both to support my living costs and because it is required for the application. Now I have been offered a second part time job which would be limited to a maximum of 4 hours per week and a maximum income of £200 per month. I was wondering if I can accept that job or if that would make me lose my maintenance.
I would really appreciate if you can help me with this, thanks.

P.S. I called student finance and apparently I should be working a maximum of 15 hours per week, but actually with my current part time job I already work 16-18 hours per week, so I'm a bit confused.
SFE has excellent advisors at http://facebook.com/SFEngland
If you message them during working hours, they can look into specifics of your account with them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (88)
30.88%
Less motivated (197)
69.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise