Gf breaking up with me coz I am against her smoking shish

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
That wasn't what I asked though, what do you think is a fair mid point or compromise here? Does the 'compromise' mean her not smoking any more? IE you getting your way?

If you personally don't like smoking or find it attractive that it's entirely reasonable, but it isn't really for you tell others what they can or can't do either, you can only decide if you want to go along with it or not.
she wants to go hang out with her siblings I guess she can go to the shisha lounge hang out with her siblings but not smoke
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It is her choice, but to be honest if it worries you that much you're probably better not being together. I would never be with a smoker because I too have seen the damage it can do and just can't allow myself to get close to a person who might go on to suffer in that way.
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
she wants to go hang out with her siblings I guess she can go to the shisha lounge hang out with her siblings but not smoke
So the compromise is she is allowed to see her family but not allowed to smoke. yea that's textbook controlling and no kind of compromise.

A compromise would be, for example, she doesn't smoke around you and you shut up about it.
Last edited by StriderHort; 1 week ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by StriderHort)
So the compromise is she is allowed to see her family but now allowed to smoke. yea that's textbook controlling and no kind of compromise.
No, I use to tell her to not go and hang out at their house coz she would lie to me and do things behind my back.
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No, I use to tell her to not go and hang out at their house coz she would lie to me and do things behind my back.
Because you are controlling.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by DiddyDec)
Because you are controlling.
I understand now, Thank youu
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah this is coming off as you being controlling

An example of a compromise for this situation would maybe be she never smokes at home/in the house to prevent you from being exposed to the smoke but she can smoke elsewhere/ not when you are around

Ultimately if it matters that much to you (and tbh imo smoking can be a deal-breaker for people) then you should end it
ItsStarLordMan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Just break up with her
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (70)
21.21%
No (260)
78.79%

Watched Threads