Krood
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
This may be a silly question perhaps, but if I'm going to Nottingham university for '21 September' start day course, do I actually need to be there on that day?

Computer Science MSc, if that matters.
Last edited by Krood; 1 day ago
Krood
Rep:
?
I haven't yet confirmed my offer, so I am unclear if I need to be physically present to register
gabriel001
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Krood)
I haven't yet confirmed my offer, so I am unclear if I need to be physically present to register
Actually their covid info page says you can start the course remotely and turn up in campus by a few weeks late if due to travel issues, as late as 31st January if due to 'health or significant reasons'.

https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/coronav...ur-course.aspx

"We are putting measures into place across all campus facilities and teaching arrangements to help keep our staff and students safe. This will involve face-to-face teaching in seminars, meetings, workshops and lab sessions, with larger sessions such as lectures held online instead. Find out more about what to expect.

We encourage you to join us for the start of term on 21 September 2020 if you can. Where you experience flight delays, cancellations or other travel restrictions, you may be able to request to start your course online and then join us in Nottingham a few weeks later. Consideration will be given to later arrival dates if travel disruption is ongoing.

You will still need to complete University registration remotely before the registration deadline (three weeks after your course start date). In some cases, where starting in person is not possible for health or other significant reasons, you may be allowed to start your course remotely but all students must join us in Nottingham by 31 January 2021 at the latest."

By the way what is the deadline they gave you to confirm your offer by?
Last edited by gabriel001; 2 days ago
Krood
Rep:
?
Thanks for the reply. I did read that, but am not sure if it applies to me. I'm not an international student though, and don't know if I qualify with 'significant reasons'; it would just be much preferred in my current circumstances to be able to arrive a few days later...

Is registration generally in-person? I actually can't find information on it.
If it's done online, and courses are online, is there anything that needs doing in person?

The offer deadline is another question actually
The offer letter said to accept 6 weeks from the offer letter (which was less than a week ago)...
But Im not sure if you can accept after the course start date??
Last edited by Krood; 2 days ago
Krood
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
Any other people registering at UoN?
Krood
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 minute ago
Bumping, I'm still unsure if arriving on the 23rd would be okay...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (42)
13.42%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (45)
14.38%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (111)
35.46%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (32)
10.22%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (67)
21.41%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
5.11%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise