Div Mukendi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
For my coursework I choose Frankenstein and fight club and I need help with thesis and title and also the introduction
13Charlotte2001
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Heya so it's been quite a while since I read either text (especially Fight Club) but I hope I can help a bit. So my school suggested that we create a statement and word a question around that statement for the question, so for yours you'd have something like "Monsters are born not made." In light of this view compare and contrast how the writers of Frankenstein and Fight Club present masculinity (or another theme). Then for your essay you'd lean on the nature vs nurture debate- Fight Club and Project Mayhem had ideas about the natural masculine instincts for violence, but (I'm pretty sure) this was juxtaposed by the actual actions of the main character. Wasn't there also "Big Bob" and his masculinity which went against his former appearance? Frankenstein, similarly is about a man-made creature, who only becomes monstrous through its mistreatment... but how about the real monster Victor Frankenstein- what leads him to try to create a creature if not the (normally quite masculine) hubris to want to play God?
Anyway, just some ideas, hope they can be helpful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (51)
18.35%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (78)
28.06%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (102)
36.69%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (37)
13.31%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (10)
3.6%

Watched Threads