saif2020
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi guys,

I spent sometime working abroad in three years before my course started. However in this time I maintained a relationship with the UK which can be proven via bank statements.

My time abroad wasn't in an EEA/EU country. I'm a British national since birth, what are my chances of receiving student finance?

Would appreciate input from anyone who's been through a similar situation before.

Thanks
murpo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by saif2020)
Hi guys,

I spent sometime working abroad in three years before my course started. However in this time I maintained a relationship with the UK which can be proven via bank statements.

My time abroad wasn't in an EEA/EU country. I'm a British national since birth, what are my chances of receiving student finance?

Would appreciate input from anyone who's been through a similar situation before.

Thanks
If it was temporary and you can prove this and show you still had ties to the U.K. then it shouldn’t prevent you from receiving funding.
saif2020
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thanks, that’s what I’m expecting too. Still waiting on a response form sfe
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by murpo)
If it was temporary and you can prove this and show you still had ties to the U.K. then it shouldn’t prevent you from receiving funding.
Thanks, that’s what I’m expecting too. Still waiting on a response form sfe
Hi, this information is correct.
Thanks, Isaac.
saif2020
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi, this information is correct.
Thanks, Isaac.
Hi, Isaac

I was told by another rep that original documents had to be sent via post and can not be uploaded onto the website. I've requested these. Could you suggest any other documents that can be used as evidence?

Thanks
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi, Isaac

I was told by another rep that original documents had to be sent via post and can not be uploaded onto the website. I've requested these. Could you suggest any other documents that can be used as evidence?

Thanks
Hi, this is not correct. Temporary absence evidence can now be uploaded online (we made this change about 1 or 2 months ago).

Evidence depends on your situation so it's up to you to prove it was temporary, anything you have that you think will help then you should upload/send.

We can accept return flight tickets, letters from employer/school confirming you were there temporarily, proof of kept ties with the UK, temporary visa, or any other evidence you can think of.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (163)
14.54%
I'm not sure (51)
4.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (330)
29.44%
I have already dropped out (33)
2.94%
I'm not a current university student (544)
48.53%

Watched Threads