Want more information about this university?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
Hello Everyone!
Has anyone been able to get/attempt a refund of tuition fees for the period of when we had to do e-learning during the pandemic. As the online learning we were provided was quite inferior to our normal standard. Plus the lack of access to any of on-campus facilities being an international students, it really didn't feel like we received its values worth. Please let me know if you have any information about this.
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello Everyone!
Has anyone been able to get/attempt a refund of tuition fees for the period of when we had to do e-learning during the pandemic. As the online learning we were provided was quite inferior to our normal standard. Plus the lack of access to any of on-campus facilities being an international students, it really didn't feel like we received its values worth. Please let me know if you have any information about this.
It's not going to happen. Do some research around, this was all knocked on the head back in April. University costs were substantially higher and income reduced by Covid. You might personally feel you didn't receive value, but you can't prove it and the Uni can prove an increase in costs of provision.
LaPregunta
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
"Good morning! I should like to be refunded for the terrible service and inferior experience and education suffered this year at the University of so and so."

"Oh, it's not part of your returns policy? Oh I see, most times I just tick the terms and conditions without looking."

It sha'n't happen, but try to get your University (and maybe others) to write an open letter against these measures. Our best bet I think.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by threeportdrift)
It's not going to happen. Do some research around, this was all knocked on the head back in April. University costs were substantially higher and income reduced by Covid. You might personally feel you didn't receive value, but you can't prove it and the Uni can prove an increase in costs of provision.
But there was a whole petition with the student safety net campaign going on between the national students union and the government.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by LaPregunta)
"Good morning! I should like to be refunded for the terrible service and inferior experience and education suffered this year at the University of so and so."

"Oh, it's not part of your returns policy? Oh I see, most times I just tick the terms and conditions without looking."

It sha'n't happen, but try to get your University (and maybe others) to write an open letter against these measures. Our best bet I think.
That's a good idea! But they keep responding to what the government mentioned a while. "If the University is providing adequate online learning there is no need to reimburse students".
LaPregunta
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...-due-covid-19/

In the Daily Telegraph.
Ki Yung Na
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I don’t know what the daily telegraph article says but I very much doubt there’ll be any “remuneration”
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello Everyone!
Most uni admins exist to leech money off you at all costs - so wouldnt waste my time imo, but worth a try if you are paying out of pocket
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (47)
14.11%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (46)
13.81%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (121)
36.34%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (33)
9.91%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
20.42%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
5.41%

Watched Threads