harlem
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I was due to retake physics A2 summer 2020.
I studied at my college 2017-2019
my college gave me a CAG and I ended up getting it as my final grade, which one grade below what I was originally predicted

my head of college emailed me and said he is unable to proceed with the appeal because:

1. he spoke with the physics staff that taught/worked with me to put forward a grade judged by their professional judgement.

my physics teacher left the college summer 2019, so there are no physics staff who can put forward a grade, "judged by their professional judgement".
So either the head of college is doing his job improperly or lying.

2. I was on the track for a grade that is lower by TWO grades
(false information)
My physics teacher, who left, predicted me a grade that is one grade higher than what I've gotten.

The deadline for appeal submission is tomorrow and if the college still does not approve what should be my next step?
From what I can gather, I should contact the exam board directly.

thank you
National Careers Service
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by harlem)
I was due to retake physics A2 summer 2020.
I studied at my college 2017-2019
my college gave me a CAG and I ended up getting it as my final grade, which one grade below what I was originally predicted

my head of college emailed me and said he is unable to proceed with the appeal because:

1. he spoke with the physics staff that taught/worked with me to put forward a grade judged by their professional judgement.

my physics teacher left the college summer 2019, so there are no physics staff who can put forward a grade, "judged by their professional judgement".
So either the head of college is doing his job improperly or lying.

2. I was on the track for a grade that is lower by TWO grades
(false information)
My physics teacher, who left, predicted me a grade that is one grade higher than what I've gotten.

The deadline for appeal submission is tomorrow and if the college still does not approve what should be my next step?
From what I can gather, I should contact the exam board directly.

thank you
Hi there

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with this. If you are unhappy with the way your centre has dealt with your grades, then, yes, your next step is to raise it as an issue with the exam board. Based on what you've outlined, that's the clear next step.

Best of luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (84)
31.46%
Less motivated (183)
68.54%

Watched Threads