Does Module Choice Matter for Postgraduate Study?

Watch
BigShaq11
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
For example, if I complete my degree in Politics, and choose almost entirely political theory modules, do my dissertation in political theory, and only pass foundational modules in say, development studies in my first year, can I still apply and be admitted to an MA/MSc in Development Studies? Or do universities assess you based on your module choices and where you are most adept? In other words, is it enough to have a degree in politics or is it necessary to choose modules relevant to your postgrad?
Last edited by BigShaq11; 2 weeks ago
Helloworld_95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You would almost certainly be fine but I would check the entry requirements of the course. If they wanted you to study development studies related modules before starting the masters then they will state it.
BigShaq11
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Helloworld_95)
You would almost certainly be fine but I would check the entry requirements of the course. If they wanted you to study development studies related modules before starting the masters then they will state it.
Awesome, thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (88)
21.57%
No (320)
78.43%

Watched Threads