Gene Y Dho
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm private candidate in south korea. How can I write my UCAS reference? I'm studying A level course in korean general highschool alone.[korean general school only teach CSAT(korean university admission test) course.]
I think that I don't have any tutors. So I think I'm a private candidate.

I heard that olympiad grade can be recommended in UCAS reference.
I got korean geography olympiad (national competition) bronze medal at last year.
Is this score better than teacher(tutor)'s recommendation when I apply to university?
I'm waitting for ucas staff or admission experts answers.
Thank you.
Badges: 21
Report 1 week ago
The reference isn't written by you, it's written by somebody who knows you academically, so assuming you're still at (or have recently left) a high school, your tutor, a teacher who knows you well or a head teacher. Your olympiad grades can be mentioned in your personal statement if you think it's an important achievement, otherwise it could go in the reference if you request that of whoever writes it. I don't see why mentioning olympiad grades and your teacher recommending you for a university place are mutually exclusive, your reference will hopefully be complimentary of you!
Last edited by Plagioclase; 1 week ago

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
new posts
to top
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.


Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (73)
No (269)

Watched Threads

View All