inactivated
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
^As the title says.

I wrote my EE on philosophy, for which I had used an article as the main basis for my analysis (mostly because there's not a lot of sources that I have an access to regarding the topic). The problem is that I'm not sure if my analysis bears a too close resemblance to that article idea-wise. I tried comparing, but as anyone who's ever read philosophy might understand, there are many bits to the text that I don't understand well enough to even rephrase them. I've cited the article on multiple occasions and elaborated on those ideas with how I perceive them, which seems to have similarities with the writer's ideas (of course, because there are specific controversies in the philosopher's text). If a moderator went and actually read that source, could it be considered plagiarising?

I put my text in multiple online plagiarism checkers which didn't find plagiarism (as I have written the text in my own words). I am just scared after hearing so many horror stories about accidental plagiarism and failing
Last edited by inactivated; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (50)
21.65%
No (181)
78.35%

Watched Threads