Gf wants to go on a break

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
My gf told me today she wants to go on a break as she feels uni will be stressful she got upset when I told her we either stay together or break up what do I do? I don't want a break as it's a half arsed relationship then
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Breaks aren't always half assed boss. Sometimes you need a bit of time to figure out what you want.
I think that most breaks end up with the pair splitting eventually, but not always. Hope it hasn't got you down too bad, went through the same thing.

Good luck.
Theloniouss
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You break up with her.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My gf told me today she wants to go on a break as she feels uni will be stressful she got upset when I told her we either stay together or break up what do I do? I don't want a break as it's a half arsed relationship then
i think it's fair to say either you're in the relationship or you aren't, in a good relationship you would help each other through stressful times so seems like it's better to end it.
JustOneMoreThing
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What does a break mean?
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There's no such thing as a break, you're either together or you aren't.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
probably wants to sleep around. leave her man she aint worth it
Anonymous #4
Report 1 week ago
Its better you break up. She wants to have fun at uni (talk to guys) in that break and your gonna get hurt so its best you break up and if you can just be her friend if you are meant to be together then it will happen.
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Never make empty threats, you have to follow through.
FRS500
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Dump her.

Breaks aren't ever used as a 'break' for clarity or whatever. If you reach the stage where you need a break, you've reached the end.
TheMcSame
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Break up for good.

More often than not "breaks" are just ways of saying 'I want to find/have sex with someone else, but I want to keep you as an insurance policy'.

Once the mention of considering a break comes up, it's done. You either give her the break and she'll go off to some other guy, or you don't and she'll do it behind your back.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Most of these posts are utter shite.

Relationships between adults sometimes require time for either/both people to understand if they want to be together. Breaks don't often work in favour of the relationship. But at a minimum, can sometimes provide an individual time to realise they shouldn't be in the relationship; prepare themselves and their partner, rather than it coming to an abrupt end.

Enjoy the time you have together, and if it's not making you happy anymore, end the relationship.
Anonymous #5
Report 1 week ago
Whenever things get hard with me and my bf we go on a break
TheMcSame
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Most of these posts are utter shite.

Relationships between adults sometimes require time for either/both people to understand if they want to be together. Breaks don't often work in favour of the relationship. But at a minimum, can sometimes provide an individual time to realise they shouldn't be in the relationship; prepare themselves and their partner, rather than it coming to an abrupt end.

Enjoy the time you have together, and if it's not making you happy anymore, end the relationship.
You can give each other space while still considering the two of you in a relationship. There is literally no other reason for a 'break' other than avoiding the cheater label.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (72)
21.49%
No (263)
78.51%

Watched Threads