Should I go into school tomorrow?

Watch
davethedog00
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hey so I have a bad cold I feel like s*** and ive took today off, I don't wanna go in because I won't focus because im sick I just cannot focus when im like this I went into school yesterday and I didn't do anything because I couldn't focus, the stress of people thinking its corona (its not!), and I just feel rubbish but I just hate taking time off school, I know ill be ok catching up I can just do my coursework at home (year 12) and im not a bad kid but I just don't know if I should go in? I also just feel beads spreading my germs especially right now with everything going on in the world. thanks for reading
MikeOksmall
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Nah better safe than sorry, take the day off. Make sure you eat well and are properly hydrated.
yourlocalwasian
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by davethedog00)
Hey so I have a bad cold I feel like s*** and ive took today off, I don't wanna go in because I won't focus because im sick I just cannot focus when im like this I went into school yesterday and I didn't do anything because I couldn't focus, the stress of people thinking its corona (its not!), and I just feel rubbish but I just hate taking time off school, I know ill be ok catching up I can just do my coursework at home (year 12) and im not a bad kid but I just don't know if I should go in? I also just feel beads spreading my germs especially right now with everything going on in the world. thanks for reading
Hii i have the exact situation today and the thought of people thinking i have corona really stressed me out, my mum let me stay off actually because being sick hinders performance in lessons anyway but taking the necessary time off could help you recover better and health is really important xx whatever you decide hope you feel better soon xx
davethedog00
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by yourlocalwasian)
Hii i have the exact situation today and the thought of people thinking i have corona really stressed me out, my mum let me stay off actually because being sick hinders performance in lessons anyway but taking the necessary time off could help you recover better and health is really important xx whatever you decide hope you feel better soon xx
Hope you get well soon too!!
Thats what I was thinking as well like I won't focus as much if im sat in class feeling awful and I feel like tomorrow I can have a day to just do my work in a chilled out environment and just relax whilst still getting work done.
pepsimaxcherry
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I’d take the day off unless it’s vital you are in school. If you’re being set a new assignment, need to hand work in or something important is occurring tomorrow - please go in.

As a year 13, I can tell you that you want to attend school as much as possible. Work can catch up with you quickly so it’s vital you keep on top of it!

If you are happy that you can complete the work at home, I would stay home. Rest up and hopefully you’ll feel better soon
khadijaaaxxxx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
ive got a cold too
literally everyone in my form has a cold so i went
chloenix
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I think you should take a day off just to be safe. For one day, don't do any work, just focus on your immune system. Drink lots of water, rest, eat oranges and good foods. You should feel much better tomorrow and you can catch up on the weekend.
Seeing as you're in the 2nd week of Year 12, I can assure you that it will be easy to catch up and you have a while. If you were in Year 13 it would be another matter but it's fine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (58)
13.24%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (56)
12.79%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (168)
38.36%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (46)
10.5%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (87)
19.86%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
5.25%

Watched Threads