Unbearable period pain

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I always know when I, going to start my period when I feel more unhappy than normal and my breasts are no so much pain that I can’t even exercise. When. I start my periods I’m reduced to tears because they’re just so painful. A few months ago. I had a massive blood clot but the doctors just said it’s normal on he phone without seeing me. I don’t know what to do. I do I reduce the pain?
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What have you tried so far?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I always know when I, going to start my period when I feel more unhappy than normal and my breasts are no so much pain that I can’t even exercise. When. I start my periods I’m reduced to tears because they’re just so painful. A few months ago. I had a massive blood clot but the doctors just said it’s normal on he phone without seeing me. I don’t know what to do. I do I reduce the pain?
you can get something stronger than paracetamol or ibuprofen from a pharmacy but try your doctors again if you need something and don't let them fob you off.
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
some girls find that the pill can reduce such symptoms
wastedcuriosity
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
The pill helped with period pains - some days they were so painful I couldn't walk, but now I'm on the pill they're still there, but much more bearable
Hot water bottles, ibuprofen, rest also help
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by wastedcuriosity)
The pill helped with period pains - some days they were so painful I couldn't walk, but now I'm on the pill they're still there, but much more bearable
Hot water bottles, ibuprofen, rest also help
did you just ask the doctor to go on the pill for your cramps? im also thinking of doing this to reduce pain.
beneficialgirl
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Get on the pill - you’re not alone
wastedcuriosity
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
did you just ask the doctor to go on the pill for your cramps? im also thinking of doing this to reduce pain.
I went on the pill for numerous reasons, as birth control, cramps and for my skin but I'm sure they allow it just for cramps too
Yes you can just ask! I made an appointment at a sexual health clinic to do so but I'm sure you can ask your gp too
Anonymous #1
I told them about the large blood clot and they just dismissed it saying it was normal but I don’t feel like it’s normal to be reduced to tears just from periods.
My mum was saying that I’ll need to go to the doctor
Why is it that so many people are experiencing horrible period pain? Could it be our diets and does this sort of pain impact pregnancies in the future
khadijaaaxxxx
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
same, i cry basically every single period :/
and ibuprofen and paracetamol don't work for me either
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I told them about the large blood clot and they just dismissed it saying it was normal but I don’t feel like it’s normal to be reduced to tears just from periods.
Why is it that so many people are experiencing horrible period pain? Could it be our diets and does this sort of pain impact pregnancies in the future
Period pain is normal. And I'm pretty sure everyone gets clots. If paracetamol and ibuprofen aren't helping, see your GP.
wastedcuriosity
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Clots are normal and sadly so is the pain
Im not sure why it's worse for others, I don't think it's really in our control
Anonymous #1
But mine were very large. Normally they’re just small specks but this as bigger than a two pound coin.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (89)
21.76%
No (320)
78.24%

Watched Threads