melmel2345
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
For sixth form which one should I go to? What are the pros and cons?
Trojan .__.
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Are you already going to one of the schools as they've both started or are you asking for which one to go next year?
melmel2345
Rep:
?
(Original post by Trojan .__.)
Are you already going to one of the schools as they've both started or are you asking for which one to go next year?
both started
Uzair63
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I went to latymer from Year 7-13 and I’d strongly advise that unless your a strong independent learner eg doesn’t need to be pushed and doesn’t require too much external support. I’d say go Latymer
, I’ve never been to Ashbourne so I cannot comment
melmel2345
Rep:
?
(Original post by Uzair63)
I went to latymer from Year 7-13 and I’d strongly advise that unless your a strong independent learner eg doesn’t need to be pushed and doesn’t require too much external support. I’d say go Latymer
, I’ve never been to Ashbourne so I cannot comment
is it true that at latymer if you get a B you’ll get kicked out of the sixth form?
Uzair63
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by melmel2345)
is it true that at latymer if you get a B you’ll get kicked out of the sixth form?
No loooooooool.
It’s not that prestige. There’s plenty of people who don’t get As/A*s
Trojan .__.
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I just started Latymer as an external last week, message me if you have any questions
melmel2345
Rep:
?
I just started Latymer as an external last week, message me if you have any questions
How are you finding latymer so far? What school did you go to before Latymer? Do you like the teachers? Do you think there's a good support system? I'm so sorry for asking you so many questions.
UrLocalATPmole
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Hope you're doing well, I started as an external in y12 last year and it was quite a big shift but (as I'm sure you've heard over and over) the best way to get used to it is to simply get involved and balance socials with work effectively
UrLocalATPmole
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by melmel2345)
For sixth form which one should I go to? What are the pros and cons?
Speaking as someone who goes to Latymer, I'd say the students are what makes the school so "prestigious", if you can even call it that. The teachers sometimes need some pushing if you want extra feedback and are generally good with emails and queries, although there may be some exceptions as always. As someone said before, Latymer is better for strong independent learners, although regardless of whichever sixth form you go to this will be the case to some degree. Societies are a big part of Latymer in sixth form and the music department is far stronger (at least in my year group) than the majority of other schools if that's your thing. We don't have compulsory sports sessions in sixth form although you're free to join a team and partake.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (29)
27.88%
Less motivated (75)
72.12%

Watched Threads