CaitlinCook
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi I'm a year 13 student and I'm struggling to come up with an interesting NEA investigation title that also relates to the course. Does anyone have any good ideas?
RAW2018
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by CaitlinCook)
Hi I'm a year 13 student and I'm struggling to come up with an interesting NEA investigation title that also relates to the course. Does anyone have any good ideas?
Hi,
I did mine on comparing how beach morphology changes along a coastline and chose two beaches in particular.

It might be easier for you to narrow down the possibilities if you decide whether you’d prefer to do human or physical geography. (There’s typically a lot more variety to choose in human geography) Then you can start thinking about what topics in human interest you as well as what you have access to.

I know some of my friends did about pollution, waste, clone towns, sand dunes, cliff /beach geology etc.

Really it’s best to choose one that you find interesting because then you’ll have more motivation to work on it and put more effort in.

Hope this helps
neko no basu
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by CaitlinCook)
Start with the topic that interests you the most and go from there. Think about your fieldwork location, what are you realistically able to investigate in that location?

Our school had 2 groups, one for human and one for physical.

Physical geographers went to the beach and looked at impacts of coastal erosion/effectiveness of coastal defences etc.
Human geographers went to a deprived part of the local area and looked at impacts of deprivation and successes of regeneration. Previous years went to the Olympic park and looked at regeneration there.

There was even a group of students one year who wanted to go to Mt. Vesuvius to do their coursework on volcanoes!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (177)
28.41%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (104)
16.69%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (57)
9.15%
I want to meet current students (52)
8.35%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (50)
8.03%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (126)
20.22%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (37)
5.94%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (20)
3.21%

Watched Threads