hnrc
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
I'm currently waiting for confirmation about whether I will get SFE funding or not, for my part-time BA Hons uni course this year.

Bear with me, this is fairly long-winded. SFE have said 'wait 6-8 weeks for an answer' but I just want to know a generic answer whether you think I'll get funding or not..?

-I'm starting uni 21st Sept; SFE expect to have an answer for me in mid-October. If this is a NO, I will then have to pay for uni myself (after 2+ weeks of lectures, I have to fund the modules I'm doing), which is not something I can do, as I have no savings nor job yet. Hence why I would like an idea about whether I'll get tuition funded!
-I have previously attended uni for 1 year plus 1 semester, full time. I was doing a BA hons, but obviously didn't achieve this as I dropped out. They gave me a CertHE when I left, for the year of work, I guess?
-I then did a few weeks (less than a semester) of the OU, but had to again drop out due to health issues. All sorted now.

I've heard that part time study and full-time study aren't really linked in terms of funding if a degree isn't actually completed but obviously that's just hearsay so who knows?!

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 49 minutes ago
(Original post by hnrc)
I'm currently waiting for confirmation about whether I will get SFE funding or not, for my part-time BA Hons uni course this year.

Bear with me, this is fairly long-winded. SFE have said 'wait 6-8 weeks for an answer' but I just want to know a generic answer whether you think I'll get funding or not..?

-I'm starting uni 21st Sept; SFE expect to have an answer for me in mid-October. If this is a NO, I will then have to pay for uni myself (after 2+ weeks of lectures, I have to fund the modules I'm doing), which is not something I can do, as I have no savings nor job yet. Hence why I would like an idea about whether I'll get tuition funded!
-I have previously attended uni for 1 year plus 1 semester, full time. I was doing a BA hons, but obviously didn't achieve this as I dropped out. They gave me a CertHE when I left, for the year of work, I guess?
-I then did a few weeks (less than a semester) of the OU, but had to again drop out due to health issues. All sorted now.

I've heard that part time study and full-time study aren't really linked in terms of funding if a degree isn't actually completed but obviously that's just hearsay so who knows?!

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!
Hi, previous full time study does not affect your eligibility for part time funding. You can receive up to 16 years of part time funding.
If you only have 1 year of previous part time study and your studying for a BA hons then you will be funded for a part time course as long as you meet the residency criteria.
Thanks, Isaac
hnrc
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 minutes ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi, previous full time study does not affect your eligibility for part time funding. You can receive up to 16 years of part time funding.
If you only have 1 year of previous part time study and your studying for a BA hons then you will be funded for a part time course as long as you meet the residency criteria.
Thanks, Isaac
thanks so much! that's put my mind at ease.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 minutes ago
(Original post by hnrc)
thanks so much! that's put my mind at ease.
You're welcome
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (49)
14.29%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (47)
13.7%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (126)
36.73%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (34)
9.91%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
19.83%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
5.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed