user10987
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
I am "re"taking an A-level in summer 2021 as a private candidate through my college. If exams were cancelled like this year, as the government hasn't released more guidance I'd be forced into another gap year as private candidates were this year unfortunately.
Would it be reasonable to ask my college if I could come in for end of topic tests/ mocks so that the centre has data should CAGs be required (as I'm not enrolled for tuition, only exam - and can't afford to join a college for tuition)?
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by user10987)
I am "re"taking an A-level in summer 2021 as a private candidate through my college. If exams were cancelled like this year, as the government hasn't released more guidance I'd be forced into another gap year as private candidates were this year unfortunately.
Would it be reasonable to ask my college if I could come in for end of topic tests/ mocks so that the centre has data should CAGs be required (as I'm not enrolled for tuition, only exam - and can't afford to join a college for tuition)?
I think it would be worth asking. It's hard to believe they would cancel exams again after this year's fiasco, but anything is possible. Whoever lands up marking them will be doing it out of their goodwill so be super polite and grateful about it
user10987
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
(Original post by Compost)
I think it would be worth asking. It's hard to believe they would cancel exams again after this year's fiasco, but anything is possible. Whoever lands up marking them will be doing it out of their goodwill so be super polite and grateful about it
Thanks for replying!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (47)
14.2%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (46)
13.9%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (120)
36.25%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (33)
9.97%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (67)
20.24%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
5.44%

Watched Threads