PS4 games

Watch
a_level185
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
I got a PS4 recently to pass time during lockdown, I’ve only got fifa 20, warzone and fortnite and apex legends. Fifa is so boring and repetitive. But what I hate most is the other 3 games. Battle royale games are too hard in my opinion. Too competitive, full of campers and just spawn killed or killed from behind or around a corner.

So I feel like I’ve wasted money on my PS4. Are there any games that could change my mind ?
Grim_Squeaker
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Witcher 3?
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by a_level185)
So I feel like I’ve wasted money on my PS4. Are there any games that could change my mind ?
You've got a seven year back catalog of hundreds of games you can try, it would be stupid to write off the PS4 entirely just because you don't like four games from two genres.
Mustafa0605
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
GTA 5 is great. Also getting ps plus is a good investment, it gets you access to two decent free games every month. One of them is PUBG this month.
a_level185
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
(Original post by Gofre)
You've got a seven year back catalog of hundreds of games you can try, it would be stupid to write off the PS4 entirely just because you don't like four games from two genres.
Yeah true. I’m trying to construct a list of potential games. What are your favourites ?
Catherine1973
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
I got mine as end of exam treat for this boring summer.
I have so far played last of us part 2, long and great but depressing
And
Spider-Man which I loved!
a_level185
Rep:
?
(Original post by Catherine1973)
I got mine as end of exam treat for this boring summer.
I have so far played last of us part 2, long and great but depressing
And
Spider-Man which I loved!
Thank you, both are on my list , what do you do when you complete story modes for those games ?
hajima
Badges: 18
Report 1 day ago
I like Elder Scrolls Online (it's an MMORPG). I now play on PC and prefer the PC version but it might be worth a try on PS4. I also like Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X, which is a rhythm game.
Last edited by hajima; 1 day ago
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Yeah true. I’m trying to construct a list of potential games. What are your favourites ?
The PS4 has an absolutely stellar lineup of single player action titles- The Last of Us, God of War, Uncharted, Horizon Zero Dawn and Spiderman series are all phenomenal. Standard non-royale multiplayer shooters like Overwatch, Battlefield and Titanfall. There's singleplayer (or singlplayer-focussed) shooters like Metro, Far Cry, Wolfenstein, Bioshock and Doom. You've got RPGs like The Witcher 3, Skyrim & Fallout 4, Final Fantasy and the Outer Worlds. And that's just a few "core" genres.

Basically, there's sh*tloads.
Catherine1973
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Thank you, both are on my list , what do you do when you complete story modes for those games ?
Last of us I just sold straight away, no desire to do a second run. Spider-Man I will try and finish all side quests before selling on, as they were fun.
a_level185
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mustafa0605)
GTA 5 is great. Also getting ps plus is a good investment, it gets you access to two decent free games every month. One of them is PUBG this month.
Personally pub g is no different to fortnite , apex, and warzone. Or do you think differently ?
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Yeah, those 4 are pretty crap games tbf, but there's so many others to choose from, and I believe you can download old PS2 games on there as well.
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
I got a PS4 recently to pass time during lockdown, I’ve only got fifa 20, warzone and fortnite and apex legends. Fifa is so boring and repetitive. But what I hate most is the other 3 games. Battle royale games are too hard in my opinion. Too competitive, full of campers and just spawn killed or killed from behind or around a corner.

fortnite had its day, that was 2-3 years ago.
Fifa its a good game online but you either love it or you don't, I stopped buying it years ago.
Warzone, personally can't stand it but I quite enjoy S&D & free for all multiplayer part of COD.

I really enjoy F1, Gran truismo, Madden, GTA
I go through phases with games tho.

Perhaps look at the PSN games of the month.
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Never played it, but the last of us is supposed to be a great game.
a_level185
Rep:
?
(Original post by ROTL94)
Yeah, those 4 are pretty crap games tbf, but there's so many others to choose from, and I believe you can download old PS2 games on there as well.
Music to my ears bro. I was beginning to think that’s all there is to PS4. What games do you recommend ?
a_level185
Rep:
?
(Original post by mnot)
fortnite had its day, that was 2-3 years ago.
Fifa its a good game online but you either love it or you don't, I stopped buying it years ago.
Warzone, personally can't stand it but I quite enjoy S&D & free for all multiplayer part of COD.

I really enjoy F1, Gran truismo, Madden, GTA
I go through phases with games tho.

Perhaps look at the PSN games of the month.
You know how you say fortnite had its day, in what way was it better then than it is now? I can’t see how they’d change the concept. Is it basically rinsed by everyone that now it’s boring or did developers ruin it? And thanks bro I’ll check out those games
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Music to my ears bro. I was beginning to think that’s all there is to PS4. What games do you recommend ?
Red Dead Redemption (if you can get it off PSN)
Red Dead Redemption 2
The Last of Us
The Ghost of Tsushima
The Witcher 3
Cyberpunk 2077 when it comes out in November
Spiderman
God of War
Fallout 4
Skyrim (with both that depends on if you can put up with the limited amount of mods available on PS4)
That's about all I can think of for now
ozzyoscy
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
I tried spam and a cabbage and now I feel like I've wasted my time on a digestive system. What food will I like?
Last edited by ozzyoscy; 1 day ago
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
You know how you say fortnite had its day, in what way was it better then than it is now? I can’t see how they’d change the concept. Is it basically rinsed by everyone that now it’s boring or did developers ruin it? And thanks bro I’ll check out those games
When fortnite first blew up and that first year everyone had different styles of play and it was just more organic. Now its just twitch streamers and people who watch streamers left on it, and playing the same way to win.
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by mnot)
When fortnite first blew up and that first year everyone had different styles of play and it was just more organic. Now its just twitch streamers and people who watch streamers left on it, and playing the same way to win.
Fornite is still one of the top five games in the world by playerbase.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (41)
13.58%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (44)
14.57%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (106)
35.1%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (29)
9.6%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (66)
21.85%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
5.3%

Watched Threads