Debenhams Sales Advisor Interview

Watch
Pro Gamer 2003
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I passed the telephone interview and now I have a face to face interview soon. They’ll ask why I want to work at Debenhams, what can I bring and my experience. My experience is limited. Also there’s an assessment on the shopfloor does anyone know what I’ll be doing on the shop floor.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Pro Gamer 2003)
I passed the telephone interview and now I have a face to face interview soon. They’ll ask why I want to work at Debenhams, what can I bring and my experience. My experience is limited. Also there’s an assessment on the shopfloor does anyone know what I’ll be doing on the shop floor.
Think about other experiences/things you've done that have given you skills you can transfer to this sales adviser role. It's important that you're able to say "whilst I don't have direct experience doing xyz, i did complete abc which gave me these skills which will be useful in this role".

Shop floor assessment will likely be seeing how you interact with customers, your body language and demeanour on the shop floor and how you conduct yourself. You're being the face of the brand basically as customers will see you in the store and associate you/the impression you give with Debenhams.

Good luck
Pro Gamer 2003
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Think about other experiences/things you've done that have given you skills you can transfer to this sales adviser role. It's important that you're able to say "whilst I don't have direct experience doing xyz, i did complete abc which gave me these skills which will be useful in this role".

Shop floor assessment will likely be seeing how you interact with customers, your body language and demeanour on the shop floor and how you conduct yourself. You're being the face of the brand basically as customers will see you in the store and associate you/the impression you give with Debenhams.

Good luck
Thank you for the help. It’ll first be a 1-1 interview and then I’ll be going onto the shopfloor. I done this at H&M before lockdown. Where I was making the display tidy. So how should I go about it interacting with customers. I got feedback from H&M and they said I didn’t make eye contact or smile but I’ll definitely be doing it this time round.
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you for the help. It’ll first be a 1-1 interview and then I’ll be going onto the shopfloor. I done this at H&M before lockdown. Where I was making the display tidy. So how should I go about it interacting with customers. I got feedback from H&M and they said I didn’t make eye contact or smile but I’ll definitely be doing it this time round.
If you see a customer, smile and greet them, just a simply "hiya", "good morning/afternoon" and "give us a shout if you need any help" would suffice. Just to let them know that help is around should they need it. It'll make you seem approachable. Good luck
Pro Gamer 2003
Rep:
?
If you see a customer, smile and greet them, just a simply "hiya", "good morning/afternoon" and "give us a shout if you need any help" would suffice. Just to let them know that help is around should they need it. It'll make you seem approachable. Good luck
Thank you very much. But if the store is not busy should I just make the display neat and tidy. Put it in size order and if clothes are in the wrong area just put it in its right area or give it to the supervisor or something.
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you very much. But if the store is not busy should I just make the display neat and tidy. Put it in size order and if clothes are in the wrong area just put it in its right area or give it to the supervisor or something.
Yep pretty much!
Pro Gamer 2003
Rep:
?
Yep pretty much!
Thanks for the help. I hope I succeed
Pro Gamer 2003
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
AfricanDream
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (103)
13.22%
I'm not sure (34)
4.36%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (241)
30.94%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.44%
I'm not a current university student (382)
49.04%

Watched Threads