London tube travel

Watch
XDaJokerz
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hi, I am looking for cheap travel in London. I have looked at the 18+ oyster can someone explain the benefits of this, as I will be commuting, and if I get the 18+ oyster card is there a point in getting a Santander railcard. (16-25) which is been given for free, or should I go for both. Moreover is it possible to add the 16-25 discount to my 16+ oyster or any normal blue oyster?

Thank you
CoffeeAndPolitics
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by XDaJokerz)
Hi, I am looking for cheap travel in London. I have looked at the 18+ oyster can someone explain the benefits of this, as I will be commuting, and if I get the 18+ oyster card is there a point in getting a Santander railcard. (16-25) which is been given for free, or should I go for both. Moreover is it possible to add the 16-25 discount to my 16+ oyster or any normal blue oyster?

Thank you
You can only get the 18+ Oyster card if you're a student, living in a London borough during term time and enrolled at a school, college or university registered on the TfL scheme or on a mandatory work placement in London. A Santander railcard (16-25) which you get for free for 4-years IIRC will come in handy as it entitles you to 1/3 off rail fares. I think you can add the 16-25 railcard discount to your 16+ Oyster card or any normal blue Oyster but I'm not sure how you do this. Hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (58)
13.91%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (55)
13.19%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (158)
37.89%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (44)
10.55%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (80)
19.18%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (22)
5.28%

Watched Threads