Still have to pay uni accommodation fees not fair

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Basically all my classes are gonna be online now for this term yet they still expect me to pay accommodation fees how is this fair?
Helloworld_95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Because you can still live in the accommodation...
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by Helloworld_95)
Because you can still live in the accommodation...
That's still not fair this ****ing government are a disgrace why did people vote for them
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
That's still not fair this ****ing government are a disgrace why did people vote for them
what has the government got to do with it?
Anonymous #2
Report 6 days ago
You are a right snowflake ain't ya
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Because if you don’t lose out someone else will. And since you’ve made a contractual obligation you’re the obvious choice. Not so much unfair as just the consequences of contract law.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
LMAO here we go. If you signed a tenancy agreement that has started then you are liable to pay what you agreed to in the agreement from the date that it is active.
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I mean you'd still be living there and using the facilities there.

Plus quite a lot of universities were transparent in how they planned to carry out the next academic year, so that was up to you to research before you made the decision to apply for university accommodation.
999tigger
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Basically all my classes are gonna be online now for this term yet they still expect me to pay accommodation fees how is this fair?
My understanding is they made the information available last month as to their cv19 changes.
You could have chosen not to enrol.
You could have chosen not to live in uni accommodation and commute or move there only when normal lectures are resumed..
mkstudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Unless you signed for your uni accomodation before the lockdown it was very predictable that the new academic year would be mostly online. Lets hope the wifi in the various halls around the country can cope with everyone studying online.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (25)
30.86%
Less motivated (56)
69.14%

Watched Threads