Confused.gov
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
This isn't so much of a question I need help on however I am looking for opinions. I could either go to Manchester metropolitan for computer science and get accommodation there, or I could stay in my hometown and go to the uni of Bradford, but in my third year, go abroad preferably somewhere in America. What would you pick in terms of fun, experience and getting a job afterwards.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi,

It depends on what you want to do!
I wanted to do both, so I have chosen a course the offers both the study abroad and an industry placement. Not a lot of courses offered this however I was lucky enough to find mine.

Manchester is obviously a better University; however, you do not want to go somewhere where you do not like. You should not force yourself to go to a University just because it offers something more than the one you like. I would think it through- do a pro and con list for each and then decide. Try researching industry placements that you could take on and just see if you like the idea of that more than the study abroad.

Good luck!!

Marlena – Official Student Rep 😊
Uni of Hull Students
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Confused.gov)
This isn't so much of a question I need help on however I am looking for opinions. I could either go to Manchester metropolitan for computer science and get accommodation there, or I could stay in my hometown and go to the uni of Bradford, but in my third year, go abroad preferably somewhere in America. What would you pick in terms of fun, experience and getting a job afterwards.
Hi Confused.gov,

Have you researched whether Manchester offers summer schools? I know some people on my course chose to do an industrial placement instead of a year abroad, however they also spent a summer at one of our partner universities allowing them to have some of the international experience that they wanted. Also it is probably important to think about funding an international year/summer school.

Other than that I'd say definitely echo what University of Portsmouth Student Rep said and make a list of pros and cons.

Best of luck
Millie
Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (17)
20.73%
No (65)
79.27%

Watched Threads