Want more information about this university?

Think twice before going to Bangor

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
If you are thinking about going to Bangor, think twice. It's north of nowhere, finding a job here is like playing Russian roulette since hundreds of people are applying even for housekeeping jobs and if you will have any kind of issues that will require something from the university.... well... good luck with that because they won't help.

If you go to the money support office, they will tell you it's your problem and they don't care. They are so nice there, that lots of people told me they were crying after visiting them. I haven't heard about anybody they would actually help.

If you need career advice, they will tell you to get a job... because that's something you wouldn't know without them. There is only one advisor that will try to help, but others are useless.

I had a personal tutor, I asked for her for help because I transferred directly to the second year. She never answered me, I tried to get a different personal tutor... never happened.

After months of not getting any sort of help, I developed psychological issues and I couldn't sleep. I was sent to a psychiatrist and by the psychiatrist back to uni.

I was thinking about changing course or leaving, so I was told to get in touch with them to discuss my options... no answer from them at all.

This university doesn't care at all, you are just a number and if you will have any financial issues, they will ask you to pay every single penny (literally).
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
If you are thinking about going to Bangor, think twice. It's north of nowhere, finding a job here is like playing Russian roulette since hundreds of people are applying even for housekeeping jobs and if you will have any kind of issues that will require something from the university.... well... good luck with that because they won't help.

If you go to the money support office, they will tell you it's your problem and they don't care. They are so nice there, that lots of people told me they were crying after visiting them. I haven't heard about anybody they would actually help.

If you need career advice, they will tell you to get a job... because that's something you wouldn't know without them. There is only one advisor that will try to help, but others are useless.

I had a personal tutor, I asked for her for help because I transferred directly to the second year. She never answered me, I tried to get a different personal tutor... never happened.

After months of not getting any sort of help, I developed psychological issues and I couldn't sleep. I was sent to a psychiatrist and by the psychiatrist back to uni.

I was thinking about changing course or leaving, so I was told to get in touch with them to discuss my options... no answer from them at all.

This university doesn't care at all, you are just a number and if you will have any financial issues, they will ask you to pay every single penny (literally).
I am sorry to hear this. You should put your own personal wellbeing first and consider other options. University will always there as an option for you when you feel ready, no need to rush - take your time to find the best one that suits you.
Bangor Uni
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Hi anonymous,

I am so sorry to hear that your experience at Bangor hasn’t been a positive one. Students feeling supported is really important to us and we always try out best to do that, and to provide a great student experience. The services you mentioned are just some that are put in place to help and support you and often get great feedback, but to hear this wasn’t the case for you is really disappointing.

If you feel comfortable to do so, please send us a private message, we’d be more than happy to chat through your experiences with you and try to resolve what we can, and get the right teams involved for you. Hopefully we can help to make your time at Bangor from now on a more positive and enjoyable experience.

Hope to hear from you soon,
The Bangor Uni Team
Last edited by Bangor Uni; 1 week ago
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by Bangor Uni)
Hi anonymous,

I am so sorry to hear that your experience at Bangor hasn’t been a positive one. Students feeling supported is really important to us and we always try out best to do that, and to provide a great student experience. The services you mentioned are just some that are put in place to help and support you and often get great feedback, but to hear this wasn’t the case for you is really disappointing.

If you feel comfortable to do so, please send us a private message, we’d be more than happy to chat through your experiences with you and try to resolve what we can, and get the right teams involved for you. Hopefully we can help to make your time at Bangor from now on a more positive and enjoyable experience.

Hope to hear from you soon,
The Bangor Uni Team
Sure, sure, sure... no doubt, no doubt.

Would that make any difference to contact you?

I have been trying to solve my situation for weeks, but I feel like I am talking to bureaucratic robots with predefined answers sending me from point A, to point B, to point C where they bin it and after everything you tell me that you feel sorry about that but there is nothing you can do because of your bureaucracy that would make literally zero difference in my case, but it would closed case for you anyway, right?
Bangor Uni
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Sure, sure, sure... no doubt, no doubt.

Would that make any difference to contact you?

I have been trying to solve my situation for weeks, but I feel like I am talking to bureaucratic robots with predefined answers sending me from point A, to point B, to point C where they bin it and after everything you tell me that you feel sorry about that but there is nothing you can do because of your bureaucracy that would make literally zero difference in my case, but it would closed case for you anyway, right?
Hi Anonymous,

Many thanks for replying, and I am sorry that you are feeling this way.

It's entirely up to you whether you want to contact us for us to help you.The offer is there and we'll await your private message.

Without knowing the full situation it's difficult for me to recommend the best next steps for yourself. Therefore, if you would like to speak I will try and do my best to help you.

Thanks

Sera and The Bangor Uni team
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by Bangor Uni)
Hi Anonymous,

Many thanks for replying, and I am sorry that you are feeling this way.

It's entirely up to you whether you want to contact us for us to help you.The offer is there and we'll await your private message.

Without knowing the full situation it's difficult for me to recommend the best next steps for yourself. Therefore, if you would like to speak I will try and do my best to help you.

Thanks

Sera and The Bangor Uni team
ok, I did.

I am really curious about the outcome, but something is telling me I know it already.
Bangor Uni
Rep:
?
Report 14 hours ago
ok, I did.

I am really curious about the outcome, but something is telling me I know it already.
Hi

I have sent you a private message.

Thanks

Sera and the Bangor Uni team
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (77)
21.51%
No (281)
78.49%

Watched Threads