thepolishguy04
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everyone,
I am currently in Year 11, and so I am hoping to choose an appropriate course for me. I think that I will choose IB due to the fact that I have not yet decided where I am going to, and I feel that IB will be a safety net for me.

Firstly, I would love to hear what your thoughts are; those who are in it, tell me about your experiences. Discouraging or advising me not to do it is considered by me, however I think I have decided. I am revising really hard.

Secondly, what GCSE grades do you have to have to get in? I know not many get in, but I don't know exactly what grades

Thank you in advice for your help!
almondmilk101
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by thepolishguy04)
Hi everyone,
I am currently in Year 11, and so I am hoping to choose an appropriate course for me. I think that I will choose IB due to the fact that I have not yet decided where I am going to, and I feel that IB will be a safety net for me.

Firstly, I would love to hear what your thoughts are; those who are in it, tell me about your experiences. Discouraging or advising me not to do it is considered by me, however I think I have decided. I am revising really hard.

Secondly, what GCSE grades do you have to have to get in? I know not many get in, but I don't know exactly what grades

Thank you in advice for your help!
Hi,
I am doing law at uni and took the IB for the reason of being able to study many subjects at once. I would say I found all the courses really interesting (I did HL geography, English literature, bio and SL maths AA, philosophy, French). The IAs were definitely the hardest for me in terms of time management and pressure but all in all I am glad I did the IB because it has prepared me very well for uni. It is a hard course but not impossible by any means and very rewarding. Also you do CAS, TOK and EE which are really interesting additional aspects to spend your time on. Have you thought any more about your decision?

Good luck and I hope this helped!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (34)
18.48%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (48)
26.09%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (91)
49.46%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (11)
5.98%

Watched Threads