Student Finance - EU citizen 2021/22?

Watch
PizzaIsMyLife
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi Guys,

I'm an EU citizen but been living in this country for 10 years. With Brexit I'm unsure as how student finance is going to work for AY 21/22.

EU citizens are not going to be entitled to get government funding is that correct?

But is that brand new EU citizens who have just arrived to the country seeking education who will be treated as international students?

Or will I be treated differently as a home student since I've been living in this country for 10 years etc? As in, will I have access to funding like UK students?

I'm a little confused, any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
MedicWil
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The criteria hasn't been finalised for 21/22 yet as far as I'm aware
The best person to know is SFE Isaac
PizzaIsMyLife
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by MedicWil)
It's all a little confusing given applications are opening again for next year in a few weeks.

Look at the gov site at the very bottom, I take it if you're settled with 5 years history you can still get normal UK student finance?

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/who-qualifies

So this new law must be for completely new students who would travel here with no prior history being in the country?
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by MedicWil)
(Original post by PizzaIsMyLife)
Hi Guys,

I'm an EU citizen but been living in this country for 10 years. With Brexit I'm unsure as how student finance is going to work for AY 21/22.

EU citizens are not going to be entitled to get government funding is that correct?

But is that brand new EU citizens who have just arrived to the country seeking education who will be treated as international students?

Or will I be treated differently as a home student since I've been living in this country for 10 years etc? As in, will I have access to funding like UK students?

I'm a little confused, any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
Hi there, our regulations for the 2021/22 academic year have not been released yet, however the government has released information regarding eligibility for new EU students who are starting university in the 2021/22 academic year. You can read this information here http://ow.ly/S3Ty30qSFeW

If you have EU Settled status then you will be able to apply as a home student, our regulations will be released by early next year so we will have more information then.
Thanks, Isaac
aspireddentist
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hi!
I am an EU applicant too and I have lived and studied in the UK for 5 years now. I don't want to get another tuition fee loan (since I have already took one for my BSc). However, I want to start dentistry and don't know if I am eligible for the home rather the international tuition fees given that I am UK resident for 5 years now.
Thanks for your reply.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (87)
30.74%
Less motivated (196)
69.26%

Watched Threads