Tips for getting all A*s for A Level?

Watch
hhatty
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Any advice for getting three A*s? General study/sixth form tips?

sunshine1243
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Timetable all your studying, it’ll seem much more manageable. Set clear goals for yourself and follow through. Get enough sleep every night and NEVER substitute sleep with studying, it is always a bad idea and you shouldn’t have to if you’ve timetabled and stuck to it. Remember your mental health is more important than your grades, so please don’t push yourself too hard. I did, and believe me it wasn’t worth it. Good luck!! X
neko no basu
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by hhatty)
Any advice for getting three A*s? General study/sixth form tips?
1. Choose the right subjects for you. Kind of an obvious point but it's an important one.
2. Make use of free periods to study. You could get all your hw done in your frees so when you go home, any study you do will be revision.
3. Revise early, don't leave things to the last minute. Consolidate what you've learnt after the lessons. Even a quick flick through your notes again is better than nothing.
4. Don't forget about yr12 content in yr13. Do go back to it!
5. Group study sessions can be good to help each other out and to discuss ideas, but make sure it doesn't just turn into you chatting with your mates.
6. Ask for help from teachers if you need it.
7. Get some revision guides.
8. Do lots of practice papers.
9. Use TSR study help forums
10. Take breaks, don't exhaust yourself :yep:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (54)
20.85%
No (205)
79.15%

Watched Threads