The Student Room Group

My region is going into lockdown but I am supposed to be moving to halls next week?

They just announced that the North East is going into lockdown as of tomorrow. I am supposed to moving to the other side of the country next week for university.

What does this mean? Do I have to isolate when I arrive at university? Can I get there at all?
Original post by Anonymous
They just announced that the North East is going into lockdown as of tomorrow. I am supposed to moving to the other side of the country next week for university.

What does this mean? Do I have to isolate when I arrive at university? Can I get there at all?

You'll almost definitely be able to move to your university. As to whether you have to self-isolate, this isn't made clear by government guideline and thus I'd recommend contacting your university by phone or email to see what they say on the matter.
Reply 2
Original post by DoNotMove
You'll almost definitely be able to move to your university. As to whether you have to self-isolate, this isn't made clear by government guideline and thus I'd recommend contacting your university by phone or email to see what they say on the matter.

ok thank you
I'm moving out of the North East for uni today so I've managed to just miss the new restrictions haha. But yeah from what has been said so far there doesn't seem to be a reason why you couldn't go/would have to self isolate as it isn't technically a lockdown, just tighter restrictions (they're so pedantic in the govt). Hopefully the official statement due today will clear things up but like the previous poster has said if you are concerned, just contact the uni. You will not be the only one!
Original post by Anonymous

You will have to wait till the details are announced later today.
It might mean you have to quarantine the other end.
Wait and see.
AFAIK Moving home is and was always permitted, self isolation is a possibility but need to wait and see/make your own choice to an extent.
It’s not a lockdown, just more restrictions on pubs and household mixing. It doesn’t affect travel in the country. You only need to self isolate if you have symptoms of coronavirus.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-tyne-54166256
Very good situation to be in, takes the control off the university and puts it into your hands. If you want to go to university, do it. But if you fancy another couple of weeks at home, take it as well.

Enjoy son

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending