international relations

Watch this thread
staylor820
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
do unis prefer it if you have a level history or english - i take geography, biology and german. But really interested in IR.

Do you think I would be considered....
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by staylor820)
do unis prefer it if you have a level history or english - i take geography, biology and german. But really interested in IR.

If you're looking to take either, would say History is more useful to IR, as then you will have more knowledge about the past events that have affected present events. I took both English and history and found History 10x more interesting, however it depends on whether you will have that interest as there's a lot of content!

Sophie - Official Student Rep
University of East Anglia UG Student Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 year ago

Hi staylor820
I would look at the subject requirements for the universities you are interested in for IR. At UEA there are no subject requirements for IR so you could take either English or History. I do a Politics degree and did Biology, Chemistry and Maths at A-Level. I would make sure that you can show your interest for the subject and that you have done readings related to IR in your personal statement. I was told that having done science A-Levels was not a problem but you can check with the admissions offices of the universities you are applying to.
Hope this helps
Sophie
Uni of Hull Students
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago

Hi staylor820

Here at hull our entry requirements for our BA Politics and International Relations course (2021 entry) are 120 UCAS Points (BBB at Alevel).

Whilst we don't list specific subjects on our website, if you are worried about whether your subjects would be accepted - and this would apply for all universities which you consider - I would contact the admissions team as they will be the team who are able to best advise you on a uni to uni basis.

You can contact the admissions team at Hull by email [email protected]

If you have any questions please get in contact with us.

All the best with your A-levels

Emily
University of Hull Student Representative
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (258)
42.79%
The paper was reasonable (251)
41.63%
Not feeling great about that exam... (52)
8.62%
It was TERRIBLE (42)
6.97%

Watched Threads