Zeddas
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
I'm currently enrolled on a BEng and I did a foundation year, so I'm going into my 3rd year of being at university but my 2nd year of undergrad.
Seriously considering switching to a year in industry as I believe I have a pretty good chance of getting into a scheme of sorts all things considered.
Will the fact I've taken a foundation year and switched courses twice (still the same dept) hinder my application to SFE?
Thanks in advance!
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 minute ago
(Original post by Zeddas)
I'm currently enrolled on a BEng and I did a foundation year, so I'm going into my 3rd year of being at university but my 2nd year of undergrad.
Seriously considering switching to a year in industry as I believe I have a pretty good chance of getting into a scheme of sorts all things considered.
Will the fact I've taken a foundation year and switched courses twice (still the same dept) hinder my application to SFE?
Thanks in advance!
Hi, all eligible students receive funding for the length of their course plus one additional year. If you switch to a different 4 year courses then you will have used 2 additional years so it will affect your eligibility.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (49)
14.33%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (47)
13.74%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (126)
36.84%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (34)
9.94%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
19.88%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
5.26%

Watched Threads