Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi Im looking to study Architecture at University next year. Im in s6 my higher grades are Maths/Graph Comm/English and Biology all A) and Chemistry (B). I'm studying Higher PE/Sociology/Mental health and cooker in S6 and Advanced Higher Graph Comm. I have not done Art and have been told by strathclyde that thats OK because of my grades (Dundee have said they consider Graph Comm as an Art subject) Aberdeen have said I have to have art. I think Glasgow school of art also said ok for graph comm. My worry is that my graph comm portfolio won't suffice - compared to someone who has done art? I am doing work experience at an architects in the october holidays - My first choice is Starthclyde. Can anyone offer any advice on this? I think my grades are OK but worried about the lack of Art. Thanks
annamegx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 727272)
Hi Im looking to study Architecture at University next year. Im in s6 my higher grades are Maths/Graph Comm/English and Biology all A) and Chemistry (B). I'm studying Higher PE/Sociology/Mental health and cooker in S6 and Advanced Higher Graph Comm. I have not done Art and have been told by strathclyde that thats OK because of my grades (Dundee have said they consider Graph Comm as an Art subject) Aberdeen have said I have to have art. I think Glasgow school of art also said ok for graph comm. My worry is that my graph comm portfolio won't suffice - compared to someone who has done art? I am doing work experience at an architects in the october holidays - My first choice is Starthclyde. Can anyone offer any advice on this? I think my grades are OK but worried about the lack of Art. Thanks
hi there! I’m applying for most of those courses too. You could try doing some arty stuff in your free time to add to your portfolio, like still life sketches. It’s a good idea to start a sketchbook and fill it with observational drawings. sorry if this isn’t helpful, but it’s just what I’ve been doing over the summer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (93)
28.27%
No - I have already returned home (44)
13.37%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (62)
18.84%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (32)
9.73%
No - I live at home during term anyway (98)
29.79%

Watched Threads