Buddingdentist08
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
Hi all
I’m hoping to study dentistry at university and was wondering whether girlguiding or dance would look better as an extra curricular on my application? I’m already part of a hockey team too.

Thanks for your help
nikkiblonsky
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
umm i mean they're probs both looked equally as extracurriculars. I'd say if you really want to do more than choose one you like and are interested in this thing already
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
I would say girl guiding, as you already have a sport. Girl Guides shows other skill sets and interests other than sports.

Sophie - Official Student Rep
Buddingdentist08
Rep:
?
(Original post by nikkiblonsky)
umm i mean they're probs both looked equally as extracurriculars. I'd say if you really want to do more than choose one you like and are interested in this thing already
Thank you for your help
Buddingdentist08
Rep:
?
(Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep)
I would say girl guiding, as you already have a sport. Girl Guides shows other skill sets and interests other than sports.

Thank you so much for your help. If anyone else would like to share their opinion please do!
McGinger
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 21 hours ago
For Dentistry you need to make extra-curriculars directly relevant to the course.
Do not just list them to 'make me look interesting'.

So - use Dance to show your determination to overcome challenges, to push yourself to your limits, to take pleasure in achievements, your understanding of the human physique etc etc, Or Girl Guiding to show your ability to deal with people, teamwork (use examples) etc etc.
Buddingdentist08
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 19 hours ago
(Original post by McGinger)
For Dentistry you need to make extra-curriculars directly relevant to the course.
Do not just list them to 'make me look interesting'.

So - use Dance to show your determination to overcome challenges, to push yourself to your limits, to take pleasure in achievements, your understanding of the human physique etc etc, Or Girl Guiding to show your ability to deal with people, teamwork (use examples) etc etc.
Thank you so much for your input. I’ll keep that in mind
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Rep:
?
Report 2 hours ago
(Original post by Buddingdentist08)
Thank you so much for your help. If anyone else would like to share their opinion please do!
You're welcome!! Good luck!!

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (41)
13.67%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (44)
14.67%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (105)
35%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (29)
9.67%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (65)
21.67%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
5.33%

Watched Threads