Competitve and non-competitive inhibitors

Watch this thread
susiebe
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Ive been studying enzymes and today was learning about these inhibitors.
I understood it but was thinking why would the body want enzymes not to beable to function?
Is there an actual reason for inhibitors or is it a quirk of nature?
hjhsdkvbt
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by susiebe)
Ive been studying enzymes and today was learning about these inhibitors.
I understood it but was thinking why would the body want enzymes not to beable to function?
Is there an actual reason for inhibitors or is it a quirk of nature?
To control rate of reactions in the body
Im pretty sure theirs inhibitors in the krebs cycle of aerobic respiration, you can research it
I think that comes up as an exam question regularly in A2 AQA a level biology so that reading could be helpful as well
Can't really remember specifically since it was a year ago lol
hjhsdkvbt
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
here check out:

Biology B
Advanced Subsidiary
Paper 1: Core Cellular Biology and Microbiology

Edexcel
May/June 2016
question 9
https://alevelbiology.co.uk/wp-conte...e_20160525.pdf
hjhsdkvbt
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malonate
hjhsdkvbt
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I can answer any questions since I've nothing to do
I got an A
susiebe
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Wow thanks so much but that Q9 is difficult.Where do I start?I will find the mark scheme and give it a go.
I have had a quick read of Krebs cycle but will have to look at it when less tired!
An A grade in biology is so good,by looking at the content I would be over the moon with a B or C.im a mature student,part time nurse self studying at home.
hjhsdkvbt
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by susiebe)
Wow thanks so much but that Q9 is difficult.Where do I start?I will find the mark scheme and give it a go.
I have had a quick read of Krebs cycle but will have to look at it when less tired!
An A grade in biology is so good,by looking at the content I would be over the moon with a B or C.im a mature student,part time nurse self studying at home.
part a) and b) is application of enzymes question, no need to learn all of respiration for it
I got lucky with coronavirus
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (93)
20.09%
The paper was reasonable (177)
38.23%
Not feeling great about that exam... (119)
25.7%
It was TERRIBLE (74)
15.98%

Watched Threads