Why do guys never ask me to be their girlfriend?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
They always approach me in real life and call me pretty, ask me out on dates then it never gets far enough to the point where they ask me to be their girlfriend. Like why bother even approaching me in the first place or taking me on a date then? Why waste my time? Some of them even say let's just be friends wtf we could have been friends from the beginning? So weird.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
What are your dating and relationship dealbreakers?
What is your personality like?
Where do guys approach you?
JustOneMoreThing
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Who asks someone to be their girlfriend.

What, are we in Year 4?
TheStarboy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
It takes more than one date to get attracted to someone. It's trial and error most of the time with dating.
Anonymous #1
Forgot to say I'm 23
Anonymous #1
(Original post by TheStarboy)
It takes more than one date to get attracted to someone. It's trial and error most of the time with dating.
Why bother in the first place?
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Thats how dating works.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by londonmyst)
What are your dating and relationship dealbreakers?
What is your personality like?
Where do guys approach you?
I'm funny, bubbly and outgoing. They approach me when I'm walking down the street, out and about, at events etc.

My deal breakers I don't like men who are too rude.
FRS500
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Because clearly they don't want you to be their girlfriend.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by FRS500)
Because clearly they don't want you to be their girlfriend.
Okay so why bother asking me out then??? Like leave me alone if you don't want me to be your girlfriend wtf. I'm literally minding my own business and they go out of their way to pursue me.
WxW
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Okay so why bother asking me out then??? Like leave me alone if you don't want me to be your girlfriend wtf. I'm literally minding my own business and they go out of their way to pursue me.
Some ppl just f*ck and move on. They dont want a long term relationship.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Are you giving it all away up front yo?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by StriderHort)
Are you giving it all away up front yo?
Most times I have yes
Surnia
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
So how do you think relationships work if you don't see the point in dating?

Guys will date you to get to know you well enough to decide if they want you as a girlfriend. They're not going to get into a relationship with you the first time they meet you. It's not going to help your situation if you come over as impatient, bored and desperate when you're out with a guy.
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
They are attracted to you initially and then they lose interest when they date you. There are many reasons why that might be the case.
FRS500
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
- Sex;
- To have a good time/ get to know you a bit better;
- etc...

That's the whole point of dating. Just because I go on a date with someone doesn't mean I want to marry them. It means I find them attractive and probably interesting.
EllaRose12
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Because they don’t want to date? Just because someone asks someone to go on a date doesn’t mean they want to date them- it’s probably more of a “I want to know you more before I date you,” kind of thing.You don’t just go up to someone and say “date me.” Because that’s kinda weird. :eyeball:
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
You sound too arrogant to have a boyfriend. Boys might be nervous, worried they're escalating the potential relationship too quickly, or just want to come to know you a bit more.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 days ago
They always approach me in real life and call me pretty, ask me out on dates then it never gets far enough to the point where they ask me to be their girlfriend. Like why bother even approaching me in the first place or taking me on a date then? Why waste my time? Some of them even say let's just be friends wtf we could have been friends from the beginning? So weird.
Such hubris.
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Inb4 someone in this thread asks you to be their girlfriend
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (53)
13.73%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (51)
13.21%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (146)
37.82%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (42)
10.88%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (73)
18.91%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
5.44%

Watched Threads