A-Level - Looking to change a subject

Watch
dropdehbombman
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
I've got 2 subjects I want, one extra I'll be studying at home. Looking for an A-Level with little to no revision. Any suggestions?
Last edited by dropdehbombman; 2 days ago
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by dropdehbombman)
I've got 2 subjects I want, one extra I'll be studying at hoe. Looking for an A-Level with little to no revision. Any suggestions?
More coursework based courses are probably best, you will be doing more work throughout the year and then a less strenuous exam season. Business, media, sports studies, English, drama, music, art, history. Some will still have exams, but you get more coursework based assessment so less exams at the end.

Sophie - Official Student Rep
ghjajkfa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Art - but there is plenty of preparation.
historynerd47
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep)
More coursework based courses are probably best, you will be doing more work throughout the year and then a less strenuous exam season. Business, media, sports studies, English, drama, music, art, history. Some will still have exams, but you get more coursework based assessment so less exams at the end.

History was my worst a-level by far around exam time, a huge amount of content to revise. Basically had to learn two textbooks, definitely not a no revision a-level! Agree with english though, and would add languages
ghjajkfa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I took English at A-level and found that there was a large amount of revision at exam time. I think if you take any course which has an exam there is revision and that is unavoidable. Why can you not take a 3rd A level at college?
dropdehbombman
Rep:
?

Thanks
dropdehbombman
Rep:
?

Thanks

(Original post by historynerd47)
History was my worst a-level by far around exam time, a huge amount of content to revise. Basically had to learn two textbooks, definitely not a no revision a-level! Agree with english though, and would add languages
History was my worst GCSE, barely passed it.
dropdehbombman
Rep:
?

Thanks

(Original post by historynerd47)
History was my worst GCSE, barely passed it.

(Original post by ghjajkfa)
I took English at A-level and found that there was a large amount of revision at exam time. I think if you take any course which has an exam there is revision and that is unavoidable. Why can you not take a 3rd A level at college?
You probably did English Literature. Our college doesn't allow us to take less than 3 A-Levels.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (49)
14.16%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (47)
13.58%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (128)
36.99%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (35)
10.12%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
19.65%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
5.49%

Watched Threads