The Student Room Group

PlayStation 5 coming November 19th 2020

post removed

Scroll to see replies

1449963974_attachment (1).jpeg
the ps5 looks okay but the controller is so bad. it looks so bad and white will get dirty so quickly.
I'm a pc gal
I always have my boys with consoles, so if I want to play something I just sleep over!
I like watching games too, but with games with a lot of different paths or hidden features, I'd play it myself. Last Of Us, I'm not getting, because i can get the general mood of the game and everything that happens by watching a few videos.
But when it comes to stuff like Control or Stanley's Parable, I'll play it myself. i only use pc because ps and xbox doesn't really support indie-produced games. I'm not good at 1st person shooters and value story over gameplay so, pc is just better. I can support small game companies more so than on console, so :h:
Let's ****ing go! :woo:
definitely. yeah i understand, especially around platformers. even now i struggle with platformers on pc.
but as i am a minecrafter, I have become addicted to installing new mod packs every week. my pc has become so slow haha. on console, i don't understand how i'm even supposed to go about modding, if i even can??
Reply 7
Disc version needs to come below £300 before i start considering it.

I've got a HUGE backlog of ps3 and ps4 games to get through, and i don't even game much these days.

I'm not in a hurry for ps5. It will probably be atleast 3 yrs before I get one.

I also want to get the slim version too (they always eventually make a slim version with lower power consumption)
yhyh i feel like ps5 and above will fall flat. Before ps4, xbox and ps were kinda neck and neck. Ps4 made playstation more and more popular and ps5 is probably hurt that popularity. most people won't get the ps5 immediately, and if they do, because of how meekly it compares to the other consoles by ps and other companies, it will hurt the brand. even if it does well.
(edited 3 years ago)
probably will pick up PS5 like a year in for some games.
FFXVI looked really disappointing but knowing Yoshi P is involved and the combat director did DMC V got me hyped tbh. FFXIV and DMC V were 2 of the best games of the decade,
ALSO VERGIL DLC
image0 (1).png
Demons Souls looked really off and not like souls at all tho imo
Did anyone manage to preorder one from game, shop to or smyths? They sold out in less than an hour. Amazon is later today (9am).

No word on other retailers
for me, ratchet and clank rift apart is the major launch window game im after. gt7 is rumoured to also be a launch window game as well and watch_dogs legion is a free upgrade (even without an upgrade, all ubisoft ps5 games cost the same as the ps4 games).

personally I feel people are over angry about the £10 markup on ps5 games. I get its a lot more in other countries, but realistically, how often to people buy new games? also i have a feeling the reason a lot of previously announced ps5 exclusives (horizon, miles morales) are also coming to ps4 is because its cheaper to get on ps4 and a free upgrade for the ps5 version.

also anyone else happy about the ps plus collection? i get me free launch day ps5 copies of games I games I like / want to play (personal favs for me are ff15, r&c, gow, persona 5)

its a shame they dont integrate ps now into ps plus membership, or charge £10-£20 a year instead of £40 a year for it :colonhash:

fair play to microsoft however for getting AAA titles on gamepass. surprised sony doesnt follow suit (although microsoft does have far more money than sony)
(edited 3 years ago)
pre-orders are live on amazon.co.uk. seems its next business day delivery or standard delivery options only, so guessing game, shopto and smyths are launch day deliveries.

EDIT. seems its just for the standard version, not the diskless one.
(edited 3 years ago)
from what I gather, it was easier to check out as a guest than as member as so many websites memberships crashed (namely game's).
Reply 14
Original post by Callicious
1449963974_attachment (1).jpeg

ALWAYS.

Why anyone goes for consoles I will never understand.
aaand its sold out on amazon :colonhash:
Original post by Bio 7
ALWAYS.

Why anyone goes for consoles I will never understand.

We'll have to console them on their missing out of PC superiority.
why people love arguing over things like pc and console is beyond me. can we just all appreciate we live in a golden age of gaming where people can choose what they want to play and how they want to play.

also best gaming rig is a chromebook :biggrin: £170.
(edited 3 years ago)
prsom.
I'm just doing this for fun. I don't even game.

Quick Reply