The Student Room Group

mpharm/biomed

Hi

So, I'm currently in a muddle ;/ I have been wanting to do medicine since around yr9/yr 10, before GCSEs really. And I unfortunately did not receive the grades for alevels so I took a gap year in which I ended up working in a pharmacy. I resat some of my exams but still did not manage to get in. However, I ended up doing pharmacy at uni and I've just finished my first year. During this summer, I realised that choosing pharmacy might have been the wrong choice and after speaking to my tutor, I was able to get into 2nd yr biomed at the same uni which was great. But my question really is that does your course matter like in the sense of the course you do or just the grade you get at the end such as a 1st or 2:1 etc.
I just know a lot of people do biomed for grad med so would that put me in a disadvantage over pharmacy? Also, the length of pharmacy has made me wary as it is 5yrs including pre reg ?
Thank youuuu for any replies
Reply 1
Original post by flo2124
Hi

So, I'm currently in a muddle ;/ I have been wanting to do medicine since around yr9/yr 10, before GCSEs really. And I unfortunately did not receive the grades for alevels so I took a gap year in which I ended up working in a pharmacy. I resat some of my exams but still did not manage to get in. However, I ended up doing pharmacy at uni and I've just finished my first year. During this summer, I realised that choosing pharmacy might have been the wrong choice and after speaking to my tutor, I was able to get into 2nd yr biomed at the same uni which was great. But my question really is that does your course matter like in the sense of the course you do or just the grade you get at the end such as a 1st or 2:1 etc.
I just know a lot of people do biomed for grad med so would that put me in a disadvantage over pharmacy? Also, the length of pharmacy has made me wary as it is 5yrs including pre reg ?
Thank youuuu for any replies

Hey!

So, just like you, I am doing Biomed!! I am also thinking about applying to medicine. From my research, I found that some Universities look at what sort of degree graduates have attained in, as they want you to have done a bioscience degree! With that being said, the majority of the ones I have encountered so far accept any degree, provided you achieve above 2:1. Hope this helps

~Kinglee
Reply 2
Original post by kinglee
Hey!

So, just like you, I am doing Biomed!! I am also thinking about applying to medicine. From my research, I found that some Universities look at what sort of degree graduates have attained in, as they want you to have done a bioscience degree! With that being said, the majority of the ones I have encountered so far accept any degree, provided you achieve above 2:1. Hope this helps

~Kinglee

Thank you! Its just making a choice between mpharm and biomed really now! Im not sure which one to go for @kinglee

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending