Struggling to find friends at uni?

Watch
setarexhx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’ve been here a week and I haven’t made 1 friend... Honestly I had the expectation that I was going to come here and meet all these cool like minded people and that just hasn’t happened and I’m feeling rather disappointed. I’ve gone to some events and meet ups on campus and I haven’t made 1 friend..what am I doing wrong? Am I ugly or something? Everyone here already has a group of friends and I can’t get 1 person to hang out with me
Last edited by setarexhx; 1 week ago
royalty1702
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
you're making me scared for uni!

I would say it has only been a week so just keep going! I assure you that you are probably not the only one in this situation. It's just that it is very easy to assume that everyone has what you don't have.
1narha.
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Try societies and what about people on your course? Don't worry, just be active. I didn't make any friends at Uni until a few weeks later. Even then, I met my best friend in third year of Uni. Don't give up. Even if you don't get a chance to get a friend, make sure to pay attention to your own self-care and do things you love to enjoy anyway.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
Trust me it’s not you. Everyone is nervous when they first start university and are usually very open to talking to and making friends with others. It’s only the first week so keep up what you are doing and I’m sure you’ll meet someone!

Even if you don’t you still have TSR
tacobeth
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
the irony of this appearing on my feed the day before I move.... my anxiety is already bad enough 🥴🥴
setarexhx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by tacobeth)
the irony of this appearing on my feed the day before I move.... my anxiety is already bad enough 🥴
Well sorry. I was just like you last week thinking I’m gonna move here and meet people instantly and it’ll be so amazing and it just hasn’t happened that way. It’s my fault for expecting so much. But don’t worry you could have the complete opposite experience to me and make friends on your first day. Good luck
Callicious
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by setarexhx)
I’ve been here a week and I haven’t made 1 friend... Honestly I had the expectation that I was going to come here and meet all these cool like minded people and that just hasn’t happened and I’m feeling rather disappointed. I’ve gone to some events and meet ups on campus and I haven’t made 1 friend..what am I doing wrong? Am I ugly or something? Everyone here already has a group of friends and I can’t get 1 person to hang out with me
a week with one friend?

I've been here for 4 years and have 2 friends, friends which I only meet once a year no less.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (17)
20.73%
No (65)
79.27%

Watched Threads