The Student Room Group

Being an ex Muslim in Israel.

Hi there.
I've left ISlam lately in 2020 after reading its Holy Book aka Quran VERY CAREFULLY and realising it has many hateful speeches I used to follow in my teenagerhood days. I am 21, live in Israel with my Muslim Family who doesnt know I left ISlam.
The Israeli Law protects any over 18 human, and I can move from my dwell BUT I'M CONCERNED ABOUT MY FAMILY'S REACTION IF I LEAVE TO RESIDE IN ANOTHER CITY FAR AWAY FROM THEM: WILL THEY CHASE ME AND NEVER LEAVE ME ALONE LIKE ANY ANOTHER MUSLIM PARENTS WOULD DO?
My problem isnt with how my family treats me BUT WITH THE RELIGION THAT THEY FOLLOW! I've checked about the ability of applying asylum for changing religion in Israel, but the only way possible is if I suffer from hunger conditions while I dont.
Any suggestion? I really wish to live in another city AND I HAVE THE FREEDOM TO DO SO IN ISRAEL BUT THE PROBLEM IS THAT I DON'T WANNA MY MIND BLAMES ME WHY I LEFT MY FAMILY AND SUCH... I'm in delimma 😥
(edited 3 years ago)
You will probably be in a better position if you move further away, cut contact and change your name to make it more difficult to trace you.
The USA, Australia or Canada.
Can you afford to apply to study or work in those countries?
Original post by londonmyst
You will probably be in a better position if you move further away and change your name to make it more difficult to trace you.
The USA, Australia or Canada.
Can you afford to apply to study or work in those countries?

The risky thing is that I'm anxious of the ambiguous future: I don't work a job. My bank account is connected to one of my parents, and we as their kids are born and feel connected to them also if we leave their heritage thoughts.
I mean, also if I study abroad I cannot ask for a citizenship abroad Israel since the asylum itself isn't about changing religion in Israel. So?
Original post by Lesbian ExMuslim
The risky thing is that I'm anxious of the ambiguous future: I don't work a job. My bank account is connected to one of my parents, and we as their kids are born and feel connected to them also if we leave their heritage thoughts.
I mean, also if I study abroad I cannot ask for a citizenship abroad Israel since the asylum itself isn't about changing religion in Israel. So?

I'm anxious about moving also since my region is full with cameras, so they can still trace.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending