The Student Room Group

BRTC Dates

hi, just wondering if anyone has had any dates since lockdown if so when? (pm me what dates you start)
i have passed my fitness 3 weeks ago, but not heard nothing as yet.Just wondering how quickly you hear anything, even though the circumstances are making things slower :frown:
I am going to be doing cyberspace, so hopefully soon.
Reply 1
Original post by Jconny02
hi, just wondering if anyone has had any dates since lockdown if so when? (pm me what dates you start)
i have passed my fitness 3 weeks ago, but not heard nothing as yet.Just wondering how quickly you hear anything, even though the circumstances are making things slower :frown:

How long was your wait between medical and fitness ? Did you have a telephone medical first, i know its relatively new but ive not been able to find out much information about them
Reply 2
Original post by jjbbcc
How long was your wait between medical and fitness ? Did you have a telephone medical first, i know its relatively new but ive not been able to find out much information about them

I failed my medical at first but got over turned, then lock down came. I applied last march and have my fitness 3 weeks ago
Reply 3
Hey Jconny.
I had a start date in august but unfortunately got removed.(smaller class size and priority for other trades).
Also going CCS.
Ive been told halton is increasing intake size again so hppefully it isnt far away!
Unfortunately my pjft has now expired, so im now awaiting a date for that again too before i can get allocated.
Hopefully able to smash that soon and be on the same intake :wink:
Reply 4
Original post by CCS2020
Hey Jconny.
I had a start date in august but unfortunately got removed.(smaller class size and priority for other trades).
Also going CCS.
Ive been told halton is increasing intake size again so hppefully it isnt far away!
Unfortunately my pjft has now expired, so im now awaiting a date for that again too before i can get allocated.
Hopefully able to smash that soon and be on the same intake :wink:

That sounds frustrating, how much notice did you get before you were removed from your intake? I'm just worried if i hand in my notice and am unemployed for a long period.
Hopefully you get a new PJFT date soon and things move quickly
Reply 5
Thanks jjbbcc!
Plenty of notice, like 5 weeks or so?
I'd definately make your work aware when you are offered, but actually hand your notice in as late as possible, just in case!
Just saw your question above too, after medical I had PJFT within about 4 weeks, but that was pre covid.

Hi

What do you mean by dates? For the different stages of the process, or for actual entry into phase one training?

Your own journey through the process will depend on the role you've applied for and the slots available and the RAF requirements. You'll be advised at every point as soon as your AFCO has dates for you for each stage. But you will need to be patient as the covid 19 situation has meant a large amount of delays in the system.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Reply 7
Original post by RAF_Adam
Hi

What do you mean by dates? For the different stages of the process, or for actual entry into phase one training?

Your own journey through the process will depend on the role you've applied for and the slots available and the RAF requirements. You'll be advised at every point as soon as your AFCO has dates for you for each stage. But you will need to be patient as the covid 19 situation has meant a large amount of delays in the system.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment

It was for phase 1. I applied in march last year and funny enough I was rung up today as my medical went out of date haha. That's sorted now. I'm just hoping it's sooner rather than later.
It was for phase 1. I applied in march last year and funny enough I was rung up today as my medical went out of date haha. That's sorted now. I'm just hoping it's sooner rather than later.

Hi

If you've now had your fitness test then you're not far away from completing the process. Your AFCO will advise you as soon as they have any dates for you. But please realise that the covid 19 situation has thrown the entire process out with regards to dates and timescales as it closed down completely in mid-March, so there is a backlog. Just stay ready to start (keep your fitness up etc) as you could be called to start phase one at short notice if a slot becomes available.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Hi,
I started my application in 2019 March, which I finally got dates in April to start BRTC in November but they got cancelled due to covid. Have been waiting since for new dates but last week I got a phone call asking if I would say yes to a potential short notice offer to start within 72hours of a phone call if it came up which I accepted but haven’t heard anything more since
Reply 10
I applied last March as well as, also had issues with medical now resolved. Did my fitness test end of August, got an email last night at 6pm inviting me to BRTC in October which I've taken..

The only frustration for me is as ex Army i was told i wouldn't need to do BRTC and I'd do a TARC course instead. But after such a long process and Covid im happy to do full training to get me in.
Reply 11
Original post by Wolf335
I applied last March as well as, also had issues with medical now resolved. Did my fitness test end of August, got an email last night at 6pm inviting me to BRTC in October which I've taken..

The only frustration for me is as ex Army i was told i wouldn't need to do BRTC and I'd do a TARC course instead. But after such a long process and Covid im happy to do full training to get me in.

What is it that your doing? And what's a TARC course?
Reply 12
What is it that your doing? And what's a TARC course?

Got to do the whole 10 weeks Basic Recruit training course. After that trade training for Logistics Supply.

As ex Army I was told I wouldn't have to do basic by my recruiter but instead do the Transferee and Rejoiner Course (Tarc). But been told this week got to do whole of basic as I came out of the Army to long ago 🤷🏻*♂️

Either way i don't mind as means i know what to expect and the end goal is the same.

Quick Reply

Latest