can i transfer to another uni but stay in the accommodation of the uni i was in first

Watch
unistudent6969
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
ive sorted everything to go into accommodation at a certain uni, the accommodation and student village is really nice and seems fun, but my first choice has suddenly pulled through and said i can go there. the unis are very close so proximity wouldnt be an issue at all as theyre both in the same city, but would this be allowed?
historynerd47
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Is the accommodation university owned or private?
unistudent6969
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
edited after checking - not uni owned residence but in a student village of a specific uni
Last edited by unistudent6969; 4 days ago
GabiAbi84
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by unistudent6969)
uni owned
Then I would assume not as the uni accommodation is for students of that university. Although some policies state if you drop out but you have paid for your accommodation then you are entitled to stay for the rest of the term so I would ask them.
Last edited by GabiAbi84; 4 days ago
Desideri
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by unistudent6969)
edited after checking - not uni owned residence but in a student village of a specific uni

If the accommodation is specifically for one uni, it’s unlikely you can live there while studying elsewhere.

But check your tenancy agreement / license. If it’s not clear there, contact them to find out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university communicated any last minute changes?

Yes, and they were what I was expecting (2)
10%
Yes, and they were not what I was hoping for (8)
40%
Yes, and they don't change my view on attending uni (1)
5%
No, I haven't received any communication (9)
45%

Watched Threads