Aky786UK
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey,

I'm looking to change my mobile provider as for one reason or another, I simply can't get any decent reception at home, and admittedly I don't get many calls but the ones I get are important and it's not great having to explain everytime why the call has ended abruptly.

I'm not a big user, currently I've got a SIM only deal with EE spending around £10 and my own handset.

I'm looking at GiffGaff as a potential option - what are people's opinions on using the network, their deals?

Thanks
cheesecakelove
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Aky786UK)
Hey,

I'm looking to change my mobile provider as for one reason or another, I simply can't get any decent reception at home, and admittedly I don't get many calls but the ones I get are important and it's not great having to explain everytime why the call has ended abruptly.

I'm not a big user, currently I've got a SIM only deal with EE spending around £10 and my own handset.

I'm looking at GiffGaff as a potential option - what are people's opinions on using the network, their deals?

Thanks
GiffGaff uses the same network as O2 so it is worth checking out the network coverage in your area (although O2 tend to have a more reliable signal).

My partner has recently switched to GiffGaff from Three - the good thing is it runs on Goodybags so you can find one to suit your usage, and you can easily switch Goodybags should you find you use less/more than needed every 30 days. You aren't tied to a long running contract too so if you aren't happy, you can easily stop.
snazzles
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I used giffgaff for quite a few years on pay-as-you-go since it was fairly cheap for that. The coverage in remote areas wasn't great but then again my family were all on giffgaff so we couldn't compare and see if another network had better signal.

I recently switched to Lebara (goes off Vodafone's network) since it was cheaper for data than gifffgaff.

The O2 and Vodafone websites will both have a map showing the coverage in areas so you can see if either of them cover you.
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Giffgaff has been excellent for me. Once you sign up, there's also a special golden goody bag for £10. Unlimited texts, minutes and 9GB data.
Aky786UK
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I've wondered whether to go PAYG to use the 30 day allowances etc and then use the remaining credit for the time I'm out of the house to use when needed as my WiFi takes care of communicating on What's App primarily but envisage I'll be looking at GG seriously after the advice posted so far.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (46)
23.96%
Less motivated (146)
76.04%

Watched Threads