This discussion is closed.
IneedHelp76476
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have really bad family problems. My parents constantly physically and verbally abuse me but then they try and act nice as a cover up and normally i can handle it but its getting really bad. They're forcing me to stay at home and not go college because its the only place they cant control me and its messing up my future. I want to run away but i dont know if allah will forgive me.

Should i stay at home or is it better to just go?

Mod edit:
For help and support Childline is available here: https://www.childline.org.uk/
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by IneedHelp76476)
what should i do instead then
Ignore the blatant troll for a start. If you did leave where would you go?
IneedHelp76476
Rep:
?
(Original post by ROTL94)
Ignore the blatant troll for a start. If you did leave where would you go?
i have a place i can stay for about a month and during that time id call social services and hopefully theyll help me out?
Ki Yung Na
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It’s not haram. But you should be helping yourself or seeking help if the environment is actually very toxic.

Have you considered speaking to the Samaritans? They may be able to offer unbiased advice on how to deal and cope with your situation.

Truth be told. I’d have left if I could, but there’s problems with it. You don’t have money. You don’t have a job. You don’t have a place to stay without being at risk of danger.

You have to find or figure out a solution. I do urge the Samaritans are worth speaking to.
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i have a place i can stay for about a month and during that time id call social services and hopefully theyll help me out?
Maybe they will maybe they won't. That's something you should confirm and get guarantees on before you render yourself homeless, also you're going to need to think about where you'll get money from.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have really bad family problems. My parents constantly physically and verbally abuse me but then they try and act nice as a cover up and normally i can handle it but its getting really bad. They're forcing me to stay at home and not go college because its the only place they cant control me and its messing up my future. I want to run away but i dont know if allah will forgive me.

Is it haram to run away?

I'd say it's probably haram to even post here. If I was a muslim parent i wouldn't let my kid post here...
IneedHelp76476
Rep:
?
guys i get that running away is hard and theres so many uncertainties but what do i do if i stay? my education is still in jeopardy
Synergy~
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
guys i get that running away is hard and theres so many uncertainties but what do i do if i stay? my education is still in jeopardy
anyway sorry OP for derailing. Will stop now.
I hope you find the answers you need, I do not know much about this unfortunately
Last edited by Synergy~; 1 month ago
Ki Yung Na
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Is there anybody in the school or college you can speak to?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
I would run away call the police and live in campus if i were u i had controlling family and i ran away and went to live in uni
fijitastic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Allah wants the best for you, do what will make you happy and keep you healthy.
V℮rsions
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I would run away call the police and live in campus if i were u i had controlling family and i ran away and went to live in uni
OP said they're supposed to be going to college, which means they can't do that unless their college allows them (very unlikely)
It's also unlikely Social Services would do anything, they have a lot of waiting time and don't just re-house people.
Unfortunately while OP could leave home, it's probably not going to do them any good if they don't have finances or a place to stay. I wouldn't count on the council or social to house you straight away (if at all, they can deny you if they think its a petty reason.)
aw03
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ANM775)
Is it haram to run away?

I'd say it's probably haram to even post here. If I was a muslim parent i wouldn't let my kid post here...
do you even know what haram means? you sound like you’d be a **** parent.
freespeech101
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ANM775)
Is it haram to run away?

You are either joking or you are just oppressive to the highest order. This sort of mindset is simply morally reprehensible, as you are inhibiting the freedom of expresson and speech of an independent and self-determining human being.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago

If the environment is causing you harm physically or mentally it’s well within your right to safe yourself from that toxic environment or people even if they are your family. I definitely don’t believe it’s haram to protect yourself from physical and mental abuse especially if it’s constant. It’s actually haram for your family to cause you such distress in your own home and it’s haram to physically or mentally abuse anyone , maybe you need to let them know it’s haram to do that (unless it makes things worse for you then don’t say that please). In the Quran it’s say to treat people with good manners and respect including your children. What they are doing is wrong! But it’s always best to talk to someone that can help with sheltering and arrange a safe place for you if you absolutely can’t handle it anymore. Also can you wait a little like until you get into University to give yourself that chance to have a place to stay (if you can be strong until then that would be your way out). Try to talk it out with them calmly and if that doesn’t work then seek help. Don’t put yourself in harm.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.52%
I'm not sure (56)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (355)
29.29%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (590)
48.68%

Watched Threads