Are these qualifications that I am studying good enough to do a Computer Science BSC

Watch
ClippTube
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I am currently studying Computing Level 3 Applied Diploma, Business Level 3 Applied Diploma, and Applied Science Level 3 Applied Diploma, and A level Mathematics (however may drop at some point if I get too overloaded with work), would most/some/any universities accept all these qualifications/btecs to do a computer science bsc at university?
Uni of Hull Students
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by ClippTube)
I am currently studying Computing Level 3 Applied Diploma, Business Level 3 Applied Diploma, and Applied Science Level 3 Applied Diploma, and A level Mathematics (however may drop at some point if I get too overloaded with work), would most/some/any universities accept all these qualifications/btecs to do a computer science bsc at university?
Hi ClippTube

It is great that you are considering studying BSc Computer Science.

Here at Hull, our entry requirements for the Course are 112 UCAS Points, which is the equivalent of BBC at A-level or DMM from BTEC grades.
Points can be from any qualifications on the UCAS tariff, but must include at least 80 points from
A levels
BTEC Subsidiary Diploma, Diploma or Extended Diploma
OCR Cambridge Technical Introductory Diploma, Diploma or Extended Diploma and many other qualifications besides...

Applicants should also have GCSE Maths at Grade 4 or C or above

You can find out more about our BSc Computer Science on our website.

You can also Ask one of our current Computer Science students any questions which you may have on our Ask a Student webpage.

Good Luck,

Emily
University of Hull Student Representative
Last edited by Uni of Hull Students; 9 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (196)
43.85%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (50)
11.19%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
7.83%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (94)
21.03%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (47)
10.51%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.59%

Watched Threads