Bf held my personal information

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi all,

This is a weird one.

I used 7 cups last year for when me and my boyfriend were going through relationship issues.

I met this guy, who was super duper helpful, and helped me a lot.

Today, I used it again because I was struggling.

I told him I was using it, he goes
"oh you met a guy on there who gave you really good advice"

"And I was like oh the one I got a number from and blocked him"

He went "no a really good guy" and I was like okay? bit suss about how you know who I met and I can't even remember

he goes "I remember" and I said "How?" he goes "because it was me the whole time I was the guy who listened to you ab your relationship problems"

LOOOL WHAT? okay so you're the guy get this? whose really my boyfriend pretending to be a listner without my knowledge or consent and listened to me without revealing to me that it was you the whole time.

Can you imagine the anger I feel! Imagine I went to ask someone for help someone who wasn't my boyfriend but funnily enough it was because I stupidly sent him the username and somehow we paired how coincidental.

Anyway, I flipped out rightly so but a part of me found it cute, I just was mad as to why he didn't tell me before, but said nothing, he told me my username and I tried to enter but I couldn't he then concluded that because my account was temporary I could no longer access it.

I panicked because I wanted to know what was said seeing as I couldn't remember and I just couldn't believe what was disclosed between someone who turned out to be my actual boyfriend.

He said I couldn't access it, he also said I couldn't access his account due to GDPR reasons. I didn't know he had one or anything.

I tried resetting everything it didn't work. He then started to taunt me saying I couldn't get back in and good luck to getting back in so with that I said angrily "It's my information I shared with you I want to know what was said between us" he said he couldn't do that and he couldn't let me access my account.

I then started to ask him for his username and he wouldn't lend that to me, I was hoping if I submitted a form saying who I spoke to the organisation would be able to retrieve what was said and the chats.

He wouldn't give that to me, and so I was about to use my username to file for the request only to see he deleted it.

Like ;/

Now I have no way of knowing what was said, and I'm very mad, I mean it's a bit weird but I pushed that aside thinking he was just trying to help and was just trying to be cute however deleting my username and not giving me his when he knows I mean no harm and just wanted to retrieve it really threw me off.

He started laughing at me is well through the process ;/

How can I find out what was said between us ;/ can I even? any help would be appreciated
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi all,

This is a weird one.

I used 7 cups last year for when me and my boyfriend were going through relationship issues.

I met this guy, who was super duper helpful, and helped me a lot.

Today, I used it again because I was struggling.

I told him I was using it, he goes
"oh you met a guy on there who gave you really good advice"

"And I was like oh the one I got a number from and blocked him"

He went "no a really good guy" and I was like okay? bit suss about how you know who I met and I can't even remember

he goes "I remember" and I said "How?" he goes "because it was me the whole time I was the guy who listened to you ab your relationship problems"

LOOOL WHAT? okay so you're the guy get this? whose really my boyfriend pretending to be a listner without my knowledge or consent and listened to me without revealing to me that it was you the whole time.

Can you imagine the anger I feel! Imagine I went to ask someone for help someone who wasn't my boyfriend but funnily enough it was because I stupidly sent him the username and somehow we paired how coincidental.

Anyway, I flipped out rightly so but a part of me found it cute, I just was mad as to why he didn't tell me before, but said nothing, he told me my username and I tried to enter but I couldn't he then concluded that because my account was temporary I could no longer access it.

I panicked because I wanted to know what was said seeing as I couldn't remember and I just couldn't believe what was disclosed between someone who turned out to be my actual boyfriend.

He said I couldn't access it, he also said I couldn't access his account due to GDPR reasons. I didn't know he had one or anything.

I tried resetting everything it didn't work. He then started to taunt me saying I couldn't get back in and good luck to getting back in so with that I said angrily "It's my information I shared with you I want to know what was said between us" he said he couldn't do that and he couldn't let me access my account.

I then started to ask him for his username and he wouldn't lend that to me, I was hoping if I submitted a form saying who I spoke to the organisation would be able to retrieve what was said and the chats.

He wouldn't give that to me, and so I was about to use my username to file for the request only to see he deleted it.

Like ;/

Now I have no way of knowing what was said, and I'm very mad, I mean it's a bit weird but I pushed that aside thinking he was just trying to help and was just trying to be cute however deleting my username and not giving me his when he knows I mean no harm and just wanted to retrieve it really threw me off.

He started laughing at me is well through the process ;/

How can I find out what was said between us ;/ can I even? any help would be appreciated
"Anyway, I flipped out rightly so but a part of me found it cute"

What an amazing bf you have, could he be any cuter. Winder who he will pretend to be next? Good you took it so well.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 999tigger)
"Anyway, I flipped out rightly so but a part of me found it cute"

What an amazing bf you have, could he be any cuter. Winder who he will pretend to be next? Good you took it so well.
I don't understand, I guess I found it cute because he said he wanted to help me at that time.

I did flip out, in a sense I was like why didn't you tell me and I don't know why you didn't tell me beforehand that sort of stuff.
999tigger
Report 1 week ago
I don't understand, I guess I found it cute because he said he wanted to help me at that time.

I did flip out, in a sense I was like why didn't you tell me and I don't know why you didn't tell me beforehand that sort of stuff.
How old are you both and how long have you been toigether?

I find the whole situation weird and his behaviour way out of order.

1. He has deceived you in a massive way and its a gross invasion of privacy if he got you to disclose to him your personal thoughts when he knew who you were and you believed him to be someone else.
2. It went on for some times.
3. He didnt see this and thought it was ok.
4. He has gone out of his way to keep this a secret and be unhelpful.

It is easily in the realms of dumpable offence. It would make someone like that who lacked awareness that they were invading privacy and didnt see anything wrong appear to be untrustworthy.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Couldn't be bothered to read all this
Anonymous #1
How old are you both and how long have you been toigether?

I find the whole situation weird and his behaviour way out of order.

1. He has deceived you in a massive way and its a gross invasion of privacy if he got you to disclose to him your personal thoughts when he knew who you were and you believed him to be someone else.
2. It went on for some times.
3. He didnt see this and thought it was ok.
4. He has gone out of his way to keep this a secret and be unhelpful.

It is easily in the realms of dumpable offence. It would make someone like that who lacked awareness that they were invading privacy and didnt see anything wrong appear to be untrustworthy.
20 and three years ;/

I know hence why I wanted to see what was disclosed between us, he used GDPR against me

I wanted my username so I could submit a form he deleted that

I found his username and am on verge of reporting it, But, I don't want to be that petty,
999tigger
Report 1 week ago
20 and three years ;/

I know hence why I wanted to see what was disclosed between us, he used GDPR against me

I wanted my username so I could submit a form he deleted that

I found his username and am on verge of reporting it, But, I don't want to be that petty,
He is an idiot. he either:

1. Saw it as a fun thing to deceive you.
2. Has a massive ego to think it was acceptable.
3. Thinks he can deceive you ok but when you ask for information its suddenly out of bounds.

I believe GDPR is a nonsense argument.
If you are going to uni then find someone fresh who is less of a tool.
Many people I know would have felt massively betrayed and dumped him.
More disturbing is he thinks its funny.
https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
Anonymous #1
He is an idiot. he either:

1. Saw it as a fun thing to deceive you.
2. Has a massive ego to think it was acceptable.
3. Thinks he can deceive you ok but when you ask for information its suddenly out of bounds.

I believe GDPR is a nonsense argument.
If you are going to uni then find someone fresh who is less of a tool.
Many people I know would have felt massively betrayed and dumped him.
More disturbing is he thinks its funny.
https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
is it wrong to think? if he's lied to me about that what else has he lied to me about?

Because I do think that?

He used to have access to my snap with my permission because I thought it would enable him to trust me (I have nothing to hide), however, when I had asked for his in return (he asked me first for mine) he said no that he didn't want me to go on it and stuff. He is very very peculiar about his privacy. ;/
999tigger
Report 1 week ago
is it wrong to think? if he's lied to me about that what else has he lied to me about?

Because I do think that?

He used to have access to my snap with my permission because I thought it would enable him to trust me (I have nothing to hide), however, when I had asked for his in return (he asked me first for mine) he said no that he didn't want me to go on it and stuff. He is very very peculiar about his privacy. ;/
You tend to find if people are prone to lying (this seems to be an extended one over time?), then they place less importance on telling the truth and its feasible they have not done so or would not do so in other areas. Once you have a liar, then it undermines everything imo as you cant wholly trust them.

Some people are very private, not because they have things to hide but they like their space. If you dont get access to his then seems unfair he has access to yours.

In any event its 3 years old, start thinking whether its going anywhere. he sounds like a jerk tbh rather than cute. He also sounds a though he doesnt take you very seriously and is happy for one rule for him and another for you. All depends what you think as its personal choice plus you know him.
Anonymous #1
You tend to find if people are prone to lying (this seems to be an extended one over time?), then they place less importance on telling the truth and its feasible they have not done so or would not do so in other areas. Once you have a liar, then it undermines everything imo as you cant wholly trust them.

Some people are very private, not because they have things to hide but they like their space. If you dont get access to his then seems unfair he has access to yours.

In any event its 3 years old, start thinking whether its going anywhere. he sounds like a jerk tbh rather than cute. He also sounds a though he doesnt take you very seriously and is happy for one rule for him and another for you. All depends what you think as its personal choice plus you know him.
I know him, he's misunderstood he has anger problems (not like that) but can get very cynical and sarky. I don't think it's something I'd break up over because we do come around, I mean it's been like this for three years, so It's not like I don't know how he works. He's predictable.

I know I changed my password but, I feel like I should build trust on him, he claims he loves me and he wants to be there for me, so why can't trust be built between us. I'm someone with major anxiety, and Although breaking up seems reasonable I don't think I want to do that, I mean I don't think. I don't want to leave.

But, trust is so important to maintain, and whilst we are still having issues aside from that, I think a break and talking things out would do us good, hopefully a compromise should be reached. That's sometimes ideal, and sensible
Morebalanation
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Its like Joe from ‘You’
Gatts
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
BOYFRIEND used GDPR!

It’s super effective!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (18)
21.69%
No (65)
78.31%

Watched Threads